Managing SOLIDWORKS Models

Hello

I am looking for advice to ensure the security of SOLIDWORKS models and more particularly the accuracy of the updates that can be made by several companies. Do we have to manage the models in MASTER? What should be imposed on companies to have consistency during updates? How should we archive the models?

Sincerely,

Hello

This is a question for PLM-PDM solution integrators.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Can be the solution of internet storage. I may not work on the same scale, but I store everything on a dropbox (models, materials, appearances, ...) This way I can access and modify them from any workstation (with different clients) and I always have my files up to date.

If it can enlighten you....

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

It is true that with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM, you can know the latest updates and thus know the evolution of the part.

Here's a link with that:

http://www.mycadblog.fr/un-coffre-fort-pour-vos-donnees-techniques/

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

No choice, to work efficiently, in multi-sites, the minimum required is a data management system.

For SolidWorks CAD files (but also any other type of files such as Words, Excel, etc.....) one of the solutions is SolidWorks Enterprise PDM (EPDM).

There are other solutions of course, more or less horrifying, more or less complex: it depends on the needs.
One of the advantages of EPDM is that it is 100% compatible with SolidWorks (since it was developed by SW itself), and quite fast to implement.

In my company, this is what we have put in place to overcome this problem and many others (index management, task automation, bills of materials, etc.......)

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate.

2 Likes

Hello

With EPDM, multisite is 100% secure because there is only one possible owner of the file at the time, so if you have several stakeholders, there will only be one participant who will be able to modify the file

We put this in place in 2011 and we don't regret it at all

it's not advertising for EPDM but it really did make our lives easier

2 Likes

pdmworksworkgroup can also allow this kind of thing with the Advance Server part possibly (to have remote access over the Internet).

After that, I think you need to refine your specifications to know exactly what you would like to do.

1 Like

PDMWorks is at the end of its life, right?

1 Like