Management of MECHANICAL DESTOP 2009 plans

Hi all

For those who create Autocad plans, or at one time they created plans with mechanical desktop until the latest version "2009", how do you manage the opening of these 2009 MDT plans or their evolution to another software

Thank you

Christopher

Hello

Are your MDt files parts or just drawing?

What is the destination software?

We have old Autocad R14 drawings which date from 97. I asked this question on this subject: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/import-assemblage-dxf-3d-dans-solidworks

I am able to import parts and drawings into SolidWorks.

Otherwise, software like Draftsight or AutoCAd 360 can allow you to open them.

Kind regards.

Hello Remrem,

The plans that we are having problems with are Autocad Mechanical Desktop plans

Most of them are drawings

The last MDT version published is the 2009, this version no longer installs under the OS seven or with difficulty, we can no longer use it because we are in Autocad premium suite 2012, and autodesk allows the use of N-3 versions for 1 year

We only need to read these plans, not changes

Plans made with MDT 2006, read and saved with MDT 2009 and in addition, if they have a detailed view, can only be read with MDT 2009

Whether it's draftsight or other software, they open up the plan, but the dimensions and views explode

With the Autocad premium suite 2009 version, you can do an import with inventor 2009, it creates the 3D but the drawing still poses the same problem

We have difficulty differentiating them before opening because they are scattered with Autocad 2D drawings

I think we are not the only ones to have used a time MDT 2006 until MDT 2009, the other users have they solve these problems t that is the question

Thank you

Christopher 

\\\\\\\\\\