Round/round offset ductwork chute

Would it be possible to have an example of a chute with a round base and a round inlet off-center and not parallel to the base, all in sheet metal?

It must be carried out with the transition fold function.

Performed with the trained function (by rolling otherwise see remrem's answer)

See attached file

tolerie.sldprt
1 Like

You have to create a plane parallel to another, from the scab distance to your chute length.

Make your first profile sketch on the foreground. Make the second sketch on top of the second by off-center the profile from the first.

Then in the end, as @dessin6 said, make transition folds by selecting your 2 "open" profiles

1 Like

Hello

This is an example to be achieved quickly.

@sbadenis: I used the broken and unformed feature to have every fold.

Part4.SLDPRT
1 Like

Thank you for your answers. The example of sbadenis suits me, but I would like to make the piece (two parallel NON planes) in crunching (with folds). and that 's where theproblem lies. Is there atrick?

Just cut it once the transition is finished, right?

1 Like

Basically, you want an arched chute?

It looks very much like a curve, Sw doesn't like it too much. You can try a swept sheet metal but I'm not sure.

1 Like

Make a sketch of what you want even by hand so that we understand well

@+ ;-))

Here's my concern. I have a part of my chute (attachment), as long as I change the angle of the two planes to be able to have my eccentric circle. Error.

Thank you in advance if you have the solution.

test_iv.sldprt

See if this one suits you better. (still made in shape because broken, it doesn't accept but nothing prevents you from biting the piece)

Sheet Metal 2.sldprt

Made a screenshot we don't all have the same version

thank you @+

1 Like

Here is an example, below an angle of 65° the part is no longer feasible on SW. In reality, it is.

Is there a solution?

test_iv.png

Would it be possible to have a 3d sketch with the top circle and the bottom circle to see if it does it or not?

Because indeed with some angle too closed solidworks bug sometimes and so I go through logitrace for the development of the sheet metal.

SBADENIS looks in the previous comments, I put the part with the 3D sketch. But otherwise I also go through logitrace, it's a shame I can't do it with SW:(

Here's the part, see if that's what you want (still in shape because in broken it bugs)

I have made several pieces of the style the developed is very close to the one under logitrace in general.

And with a factor k = 0.5 for a thickness of 0 to 3mm and a factor k=0.333 for a thickness greater than 3.

test_v.sldprt

See this tutorial link

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/les-jonctions-et-intersections-en-tolerie-solidworks

If you follow it, you will be able to make your piece and unfold it

@+ ;-))