Reinforcement gusset in you or I? Is there a function for that?

Hello

I am looking for a simple and quick method to be able to implant reinforcement gussets in the web of a beam (UPE or IPE). Gusset therefore rectangular in shape with 2 chanfriens for the inner radii of the beams.

Is there a function for this or do you have to do them "by hand"?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

To my knowledge, there is no specific  function (the gusset function requires 2 bodies).

On the other hand, if you have a lot to do, it may be interesting to make a library function.

Edit: it's 2 sides and not 2 bodies

1 Like

Hello

In the mechanically welded functions there is a tool to make the gussets.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DVE_FEAT_GUSSET.htm?id=72592c98584540c393e08cb0138f2c10

may the force be with you.

cousset.jpg
2 Likes

Hello, Here is the function to complete the response of @OBI WAN :)

Ps: I just saw that your link indicated all the right things... :)

capture.png

Except that I think that Benoit wants to make a rectangular gusset that rests on 3 sides.

Except the gusset function only rests on 2 sides (and not 2 bodies)

1 Like

See this tutorial that helps with welded construction

with the creation of library functions

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/fonction-bibliotheque-dans-solidworks

@+

On the other hand, if this function works well ... you better not have represented the rounding on your UPE/IPE. Indeed, to use the gusset function, the two sides must have a common stop (it's very stupid, I agree!)

So, to answer you, I don't think there are any functions in your case and you'll have to do everything by hand :s

1 Like

Ok that's what I thought ... no existing function.

indeed the gusset function only applies to 2 sides, and not 3, so it doesn't work....

So I'm going to create a piece of a library I think.

Impossible to view the gt22 tutorial ?? it would have interested me ...

1 Like

Hello

if I understand what you want. Personally I'll start a rib function.

You create a line connecting the 2 faces of your UPE  => you click on the rib function => you set your function according to your needs and you validate. (see attachment)

If you need to make a chamfer once finished, it is still possible

I hope I was able to help you,

Have a nice day.

gousset.pdf
2 Likes

See this direct link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NRnzVwDUul0

Well seen the rib! Indeed it fulfills a big part of the contract

1 Like

Indeed if it's to rely on the 3 sides S it's another story,

@coin37coins since the 2014 or 2015 version the gusset function digests rounding on irons, so it is liable to make a gusset on an IPE, IPN ...

1 Like

Diancre, I knew it well that I was being fooled with this unwillingness to change my version!

I'm off topic:

At the same time, if there were no evolution, the update would be useless! Proof that it is not:)

@coin37coin, your last post goes too well with your image of the duck who is rabid!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers.

I will adapt to all your proposed solutions and see what is better.