Engraving on sphere

Hello

I would like to engrave a text on a sphere so that the edges of my pocket are perpendicular to the surface and not to the contours of the sketch

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you

See this link

http://www.3dsys.fr/6.html

I believe that engraving perpendicular to the surface which of + is if the surface is spherical

it's not cooked at all on CATIA

@+ ;-)

Hello

Can this tutorial help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ler7XfpIk

Hello

I don't know of a simple method either. So, for this kind of thing I go through a Boolean operation but it may take a long time to make text because it would have to be done letter by letter.

In detail, create the sphere in volume and then, in the surface workshop, create a spherical surface corresponding to the engraving depth. Create a plane outside the sphere and make a sketch with the shape to be engraved and then project it onto the spherical surface. From there, make a multi-section surface between the two sketches and a cut assembled with the spherical surface. Back in volume, insert a new body and fill the shape created on the surface. This gives you a volume that protrudes from the sphere and can be removed. This way, you have a constant depth and edges perpendicular to the surface. (example attached in V5R18)

@lucas Prior: sorry it may be the same thing but I don't have access to youtube on my computer (security when you hold us...)

sphere.catpart

Hello:

To have the least distortion on the result of the projection :

Each letter (sketch) is independent on a plane tangent to the sphere.

In generative shape design project each sketch onto the sphere direction (right from center to the ref point of the plane)

Cut out the sphere (surface)  with each projection.

In part design use thick surface on each cutout.

Then remove each thick surface at the filling of the sphere.

It's tedious.

Which version of CATIA do you have?

Hello, thank you for your answers

I'm going to try all of that tonight

I'm on v5r19

CATPart R19 file.

You can use it as a base (think about copying and pasting) if you need more letters.

Good luck.

texte-sphere.catpart