Sketch icon in FeatureManager

Hello

I'm new to Solidworks 2016.

In FeatureManager, the symbol or icon preceding the sketch name is not always the same.

I'm not talking about the symbols of constraints in the sketch.

It certainly indicates properties of the sketch.

What do these icons mean?

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Is it possible for you to make a screenshot to better see what it is about ?

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Here is the screenshot in PC.

We can see that the symbols in front of the sketches are different, why?

Sometimes there is even a small hand under the sybola of sketch 1.

Thank you for your help.

capture.png

For the barré I don't know it's the first time I've seen it, but logically it's that there's a ban somewhere.

On the other hand, the one with the hand underneath is a shared sketch, i.e. the sketch was used for 2 (or more) functions

The one with  a circle + wave is a partial sketch, only part of the outline is used. (can also have a hand if split)

I try to find  help but it's not that simple:)

3 Likes

In this topic we find all the icons except the one for the sketches, so I'll answer a little bit off the side but a reminder doesn't hurt.

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/symboles-arborescence-solidworks

In addition, one of our colleagues will find us the help page for sketches, personally, I couldn't find it.

Obviously they didn't push the explanations for the sketches far enough, you can just find it at the bottom of the page but still nothing on the strikethrough.

icones_esquisses.png

Hello

I just figured out why sketch icons are crossed out or not. This state changes depending on whether the "show/hide" box to the right of the sketch is enabled or not.

On the other hand, despite the explanation at the bottom of the post page above, I can't understand why the icon takes a "C" shape or the shape of a pierced polygon.

I get a different icon on similar sketches...

1 Like

Hello
Here is the explanation:
- The classic sketch is a properly closed sketch and the icon is the one

- The sketch that uses one or more regions has this icon there:
When there are multiple possible contours, or the shape has lines that overflow an outline,  SolidWorks does not know how to extrude a volume without being told which contour(s) is to be extruded

In this box, we choose the contour(s) to make the volume.
For example, if I have a resctangle of sketching with an overflowing stroke, it doesn't know where the closed outline is:

I then click in the rectangle to specify the desired region

4 Likes

Another example, I have several closed contours, SolidWorks doesn't know by default which one(s) to extrude.
I then specify in the "Selected contours" window the regions I want to extrude.
Example;

I drew a sketch with several closed contours; if I extrude, SoliWorks doesn't know what the right contour is.
I specified the 2 regions where I wanted material and SolidWorks extruded them for me.

2 Likes

For the little hand, FUZ3D answered: it's a sketch that is used in several functions.
Enjoy WE

And for the crossed out sketches, you have found, they are hidden.

1 Like

So there.... Perfect!

Thank you very much for this ultra-precise and perfectly illustrated answer.

Enjoy WE

@Aliende

Bravo Alain       You're too strong!

Clap clap clap

Kind regards

PS: ""selected contours"" another thing I never  use ;-)

I don't remember that in 2016 or before the fact of hidden made a bar, but no longer change the icon from blue to visible to black to hidden, and grayed out if "deleted" therm which still hasn't changed and not very logical.

1 Like