Unknown icon

Hello

I have an unknown icon in my tree after assembling this part into my assembly. (this piece is a step import)

I can no longer remove this part from my assembly.

icone_sldw.jpg

Hello;

From memory, this is the icon corresponding to the 3D (STEP, IGES...) imported with the 3D interconnect option enabled.
(See System Options / Import).

Normally a right click on these components should allow you to "break the link" to remove this element...

Kind regards.

6 Likes

Thank you for your answer, but unchecking this option doesn't change anything and I still can't remove it.

icone1_sldw.jpg

It's surprising... Have you deleted or renamed the original files on your drive?

2 Likes

Hello 

I am of the same opinion as maclane, without the 3d interconnect option and to my knowledge, you cannot insert in an assembly a format other than SW, (it may be that I was wrong), or maybe with the 3d experience license?!

On my side I managed to have a similar architecture (imported parts with imported part inside) by exporting a part with derived part, to break the link, look for an option "unsolder the function" (also look in "customize the menu")

I also notice an "external reference" option, normally you can use that too. 

2 Likes

Hello

Must:

1) Modify the Imports Step options to get rid of 3D Interconnect: Option/Import/General: Uncheck the first line

2) import your step into SW: there will no longer be the

3 Likes

Yes, as said before, it's the interconnect option, if you uncheck it, you have to reimport it, otherwise it stays or to break the link to the step and therefore the icon:

https://help.solidworks.com/2021/french/solidworks/sldworks/t_break_link_from_original_file.htm

Interconnect Help:

https://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_sw_3d_interconnect.htm

The reason for interconnect is to be able to update the step by overwriting it with a newer one and that your assembly containing the link to the step also updates,

Even if in practice it's not always a success...

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I removed the references when opening the assembly to replace it with another part.

1 Like