Laptop Idea

Hello everyone and Happy New Year, 

I am currently in the 2nd year of a BTS in Design and Indrustiallization in Microtechnology. I use Solidworks 2015-2016 when I'm in school, I'm looking for a laptop to work on when I'm in class or at home. My maximum budget is 600€ and I have a lot of trouble knowing if some PCs are worth it ...  
I don't have a preference for brands or anything. 

My use is currently limited to the school setting. We don't work on large assemblies or very advanced parts. I saw on the internet that the RAM of a computer was important and that for my use 4GB was enough. 

I would like to know if you could help me find a computer that could meet my request:) 

I found this PC and I don't know if it can hold up : http://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/ordinateurs-pc-portables/pack-lenovo-pc-portable-z51-70-80k60128fr-offi/f-10709-bun80k60128fr.html#mpos=5|cd

Thank you in advance for your answers. 

Kind regards. 

See this link PC occasse guarantee and a good ref

http://www.materiel-informatique-occasion.com/8560w-led-15-6-core-i7-4go-ram-320go-hdd-nvidia-quadro-1000m-windows-7-pro-64-bits-garantie-1-an-occasion_2912_57.html

HP 8560W LED 15.6'' Core i7 4GB Ram 320GB HDD NVidia Quadro 1000m Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Average rating: 4.5

Highest score: 5

Number of votes: 15

609.00 € TTC

Add to cart

Quantity: 

Need advice?
Information on a product, availability
Or on the status of your delivery?

Call us at:
01 30 07 35 45

€34.7 X 20
€10 WITH NO MINIMUM PURCHASE

Used Graphic Laptop

HP 8560W LED 15.6'' Core i7 4GB Ram 320GB HDD NVidia Quadro 1000m Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Portable Workstation
8560W-320

Intel® Dual Core i7 2620M 2.7GHz 4GB Ram 320GB HDD 15.6' LED 1920/1080 DVDRW NVidia Quadro 1000m 2GB DDR3 WIFI Windows 7 Pro 64Bits Libre Office, Antivirus Installed 1 YEAR WARRANTY BACK TO WORKSHOP USED HARDWARE

8560W  LED 15.6'' Core i7 4Go Ram 320Go HDD  NVidia Quadro 1000m Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits GARANTIE 1 AN mini 2912

Zoom

you have others but this is a very good value for money

@+ 

Thank you for your answer, 

It's a good pc a bit more expensive than what I'm looking for. On the other hand, it is quite imposing. I'm waiting to see other proposals just in case. 

I thank you all the same for your answer.

1 Like

9 € of + ok so + expensive but maybe don't mess around ;-)

it's a pro pc with certified graphics card and running as standard at 2.7 Ghz

what to ask for + for SW

think about it is quite rare to find a similar product at this price @+

4 Likes

Hello, in cheap laptops that work well with solidworks even if they are not workstations look at the MSI brand. In gaming PCs there are nice configurations, on the other hand no video pro but very good FX card

2 Likes

There is this type of material:

See on MyCADstore:

http://www.mycadstore.com/produits/Station-de-travail/HP-Top-Config/p3113502/HP-Top-Config-Produits-HP-Top-Config-HP-ZBook-17-HP-ZBook-17.aspx?mscssid=%7B8907FE1D-433C-4207-86FA-4E5D3DCC9388%7D&flNoRedirect=0&flPackageOnly=0&lbCategory=Station+de+travail&referer=catalogue/catProductList.asp

@ legend 600 ttc Max  we're a bit far from it with your proposal

you haven't read everything ;-)

3 Likes

@gt22 is this site reliable? Is it refurbished or second-hand?

I'm a bit in the same situation, mine having given up the ghost...

1 Like

@GT22, maybe with the sales it will go down to 600 ;)!

3 Likes

@flegendre must be too much of a dimension. He puts security coefs everywhere!

Well, joking aside. To have a good PC that does CAD, I'm afraid you'll have to pay a little more than your budget

The idea of @Gerald with MSI is pretty good but I'm not sure they go below 800€?

3 Likes

In reply @ martvy

yes this site is super reliable in + a 1 year guarantee

http://www.materiel-informatique-occasion.com/8560w-led-15-6-core-i7-4go...

and as proof several people here or on other solidworks forum site

have purchased one or more products from home

and no problem ever came to my ear

+ they are super nice a shot like this is easy

PS: I don't earn anything on the pcs I bought ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

Like gtt22 I confirm that the MIO site is reliable. For having tested it personally, for a pc dedicated to vehicle diag.

The prices are competitive and the pc arrived in great condition and it works perfectly...

1 Like

Hello

I'm also interested.

@gt22: Is 15" enough for SolidWorks?

Can you inflate the RAM to 4GB more?

Thank you

1 Like

a 17 or + for SW is only better

but nothing prevents you from having an external screen

and for transport it's + light 

Now working on a daily basis with a laptop is not the best without an external screen

I worked well for a while with a 13 inch under SW you have to get used to the small screen

you zoom + often

What you need is a good proc a certified card

for the ram of the must be able to go up to 32 giga 4 sticks of ram possible

possibility of 2 hard drive etc.. It's a beautiful beast

in short pro gear for pro

@+

1 Like