Image of parts in the BOM

Hello@tous

In a large assembly, I would like to add the thumbnails of my parts in the BOM or in Excel after exporting the BOM  but I don't know how to do it or even if it's possible.
Obviously I don't want to buy a SW tool for 3000 Bush or a tool from our friends from Visiativ.

Maybe someone knows how to do that with a Macro.

Indeed, I need such a tool every six months or a year for a few days.

I thank in advance those who will be kind enough to bend over (without falling out of their chairs) and especially to solve this difficult problem.

In return, I undertake to notify the best response.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

It seems to me that the TreeHouse tool , installed by default with Solidworks, can do that.

It also has an option to export to a SoildWorks document

2 Likes

Hi @ Zozo 

I know that via Excel

This is possible via Image Insertion

@+

1 Like

Hello Zozo

With the 2019 version of solidworks, it is possible to export the thumbnails.

https://www.ajsolutions.fr/blog/2019/07/18/miniatures-dans-nomenclatures-exportees-vers-excel

As far as I know, no possibility to display a thumbnail before the 2019 version. Treehouse does not display a preview thumbnail for an Excel file.

Yaninck

7 Likes

Thank you @Yannick          and thank you @jéromeP and @gt22

The thumbnail solution in Excel suits me very well as the display of the images of the BOM when the BOM was generated.

On the other hand, it's not easy to know that there is a handle to reveal or hide the thumbnails because it is placed in the middle of the list. In addition, the thumbnails are only displayed if you hover over the room.

On the other hand, in Excel you can see everything, whether it's  article reference and image, it's very practical.

@jromeP I can't find Treehouse although I have the 2019 SP5 version. I think I remember but without certainty that it's only included in the PRO version. If I'm wrong, tell me how to activate and use TreeHouse because the online help is a bit poor on this subject.

Kind regards

Hello @tous

A small problem in Excel I have my nomenclature with the image in front of each part but if I sort on the Data in column then it sorts everything except the image. So I have a piece with the image of a bolt or something that has nothing to do with it. Is there a trick or I cry right away.

Maybe sort through the bill of materials before exporting to Excel.

Kind regards

Yes, he has the sorting done before exporting.

Cdlt

1 Like

ya sa if you want

https://help.solidworks.com/2019/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_saving_boms.htm