Import of points in *.txt format

Hello everyone,

I want to import a series of points (x, y) in text format and I saw that you can do that with the curve function and it works but doesn't correspond to what I want to do. Indeed, the "curve"  function performs what seems to me to be a spline, while I want my points to be connected by lines. In addition, I don't have access to the points, to possibly modify some of them.

Is there an option to import points of any shape defined in a text file (x, y, z values) and whose junction between points can be a straight line? The simplest example is a trapezoid defined by its 4 points.

Thank you for your possible advice

PS: I'm under slw 2012

Kind regards

Master

The mycad tool "curvedata" allows you to connect with straight lines instead of splines: 

2 Likes

Hello Max59,

Ok thanks, it's a way but aren't there other solutions, especially if you don't have this tool!

Kind regards

Master

PS: in my trapezoid example I meant "4 point coordinates"

Hello, look at the attached file if it helps.

may the force be with you.

trace_des_points_sue_un_part__xyz_v3.xls

Hello OBI WAN,

In fact, the attached file doesn't have a macro... Can you please check if they exist in your home?

Thank you

Kind regards

Hello

Finally I solved my problem in a bit "brutal" way because by considering my points in a Cartesian coordinate system, with a spreadsheet, I calculated the segment lengths of the lines as well as an angle (with respect to the y-axis) and I thus transferred my segments to solidworks. It's a bit long and beastly, but it works.

The excel file with macro (above) does not work and generates errors that are difficult to correct.

Thank you for your help and if you have a more brilliant idea I'm always interested but for now I'll close my question

Kind regards

Master

@midou.24

yes at home no problem that's why I thought it would solve your problem.

Hi OBI WAN,

Sorry, in fact it was Excel that disabled the macros that I found, however  after documenting the points and having SLW open as indicated, launching the macros generates an error on the line "Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks" that I don't know how to solve!

In fact you used this excel file successfully? And do you know where the PB can come from, please?

Kind regards

Master

Hello 

Sorry I'm a very good SW user but macro question I'm a marble.

but I confirm at home it works very well