IGS import according to SW version

Hello

Since recently I have been having problems importing IGS on 2 of my installed versions.

in SW 2013 I don't have any problems, but on the other hand in SW 2014 and SW 2015 it gives me an error message "there are no points in this file" and opens an empty file.

Is a compatibility between igs made under one version of solidworks not compatible with another?

1 Like

Hello

Check if your files are not in graphical representation when you convert to IGES.

2 Likes

Hi @tomalan

I don't know where we look to find out this but I managed to open 2 out of the 4 and it makes me a surface import. So there must be a problem with export. 

I tried to make a part in 2014 and import it into my 2013 and it crashes. So I guess my client must have the same concerns as me about export. I don't know if there are settings to modify somewhere because my exports 2013 import 2014 work but not the other way around 

On the other hand, after a restart of the Pc I have parts that go through while at the end of the day all the imports crash 

It's since I put the sp0 of 2015 and yet I'm in different files

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

For the export options, when you save it as, you have an options button at the bottom that allows you to access these settings.

To compare between your versions of SW.

screenshot589.jpg
2 Likes

As said a thousand times the sp0 are to be avoided a Max 

you say that you do IGS 

so if you do IGS it's no longer solidworks

so if you import an IGS

You need to translate it into SOLIDWORKS format via the import and the import options to be configured correctly

If you export a SW 2014 format in IGS

and you import this IGS in SW 2013 it should convert it as a normal IGS format

http://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_Graphics_Exchange_Specification

@+-))

1 Like

Hi GT22

It's a complicated case because the person who sends me the igs doesn't seem to want me to succeed in working properly (competition on a file for a common client).

What was supposed to be a lightening of his work becomes a priesthood 

I know that he works under solidworks 2013 but I have the impression that he doesn't know what a take-home composition is... Yet he is a Breton!!

1 Like

Hi Benoit

My settings are identical from one version to another. on the other hand I have a difference with your capture

capture_export_igs.png
2 Likes

Ask him kindly

the files in SW directly you will be able to open them without problems

and this will save you from converting these files

@+-))

2 Likes

lol but I'm always nice..... how do you say please in Breton?

1 Like

Please: mar plij

Bizzard, isn't it? :-/

3 Likes

+ 1 @ Joss 

@+ -))

Uh.... It works but I just changed the export settings like the capture of @Benoit! 

Does it infllate on the import?

2 Likes