Importing solidworks into navisworks

Hello

When importing solidworks files into navisworks, I lose many elements (e.g. all the pipes). So I did an export in *. IFC which works quite well but now I lose all the colors. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards

The step 214 format retains colors normally.
Otherwise parasolid x_t if navisworks manages to open them.

2 Likes

Hello

The ifc 2x3, the ifc 4, the steps214 and the step 203 don't keep the colors apparently and the parasolid messs up some elements :hot_face:

A step 214 keeps the colors unlike the step203 under Solidworks (tested), on the other hand for Navisworks, no idea.
IFC no colors for sure.
No other ideas.

1 Like

in 214 I have a lot of elements in gray and parasolid he does anything with the colors

Attached is a screenshot in Solid and one of a Parasolid in Navis

1 Like

Do you have virtual parts or surface parts?

surface no but for the pipe bends made with SW's routing yes they must be virtual parts

No, the elbows are not virtual, they use library pieces

I had a bad look, the export may be done with the color of the part and not that of the assembly. (elbow in blue in SW and yellow in export)
Not sure in export that you can get what you want, the colors have a different management by format and by software or no management for certain format (ifc...)
How do you apply the different colors in the assembly? On one side, OR in the room?
Do a trial run with color in the room, in the assembly... Until you get what you want. If achievable of course.

Hello;

NavisWorks is Autodesk... I think they rely more on layers (AutoCAD style) than on material mappings/colors.
To receive more and more of this format from our customers, I notice that all this is very monochrome all the same.

(note: how do you correctly measure diameters in NavisWorks" because point-to-point (or surface/surface) is not very accurate...)

Kind regards.

2 Likes

@Maclane https://www.aplicit.com/navisworks-31-astuces/

1 Like

Hello

Problem solved, you have to make pack and go of each assembly and add them in navisworks. If you add the *.asm files directly, it doesn't work well.

Perseverance pays off :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like