Importation STEP

Hello

I'm trying to impote a step created with SW2016 into a SW2013, it crashes every time but I can't figure out why.

The reconnaissance goes well when we get to the extrusion where at the end he crashes.

I am attaching the test file of the report, could you decrypt it?

diiity

solidworksperformance.log

Your problem would not be precisely because you are switching to an earlier version of Solidworks.
Because basically if you save a part or assembly under the 2016 version of solidworks, you won't be able to open it on solidworks 2015, 2014, 2013.....

Your problem would not be precisely because you are switching to an earlier version of Solidworks.
Because basically if you save a part or assembly under the 2016 version of solidworks, you won't be able to open it on solidworks 2015, 2014, 2013.....

Normally not, because a STEP file is supposed to be a neutral file.

Otherwise to try to answer your question, have you saved your STEP in "AP214" or "AP203"? If you recorded it as "AP214", try to save it as "AP203".

1 Like

You talk about "recognition", I conclude that you are trying to reconstitute the construction tree.

So it is not so much the decoding of the step itself as the recognition of the functions that crashes?

Hello

Well that's the continuation of this subject:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/hsralentissement-et-plantage

The problem comes from the configuration not adapted to CAD, then I see that in the log you have an SP0 version of Solidworks 2013. So an update is in order.

1 Like

Post your step

I'm going to try I'm in SW 2012

the problem is that your graphics card is not SW compatible

so for file transfers, SW recognition is not optimized via your CG

It's also true that you have to work with the SP 3 at the mini to not have the recurring bugs of the previous SP

Topic already developed previously on another communication thread

@+

1 Like

As far as possible, it is better to export in parasolid since the core of the solidworks 3D engine is based on this technology.

5 Likes

Hello

Try to save it as a piece first and once this is done, try FeatureWorks for feature recognition.

2 Likes

For function recognition, you can activate the "interractive" option

It allows you to choose which functions to recognize and in what order.

It's not easy to master, but it can work better than car recognition

Hello

Thank you all for your answers.

-I actually tried the 2 AP versions for the same result.

-It always crashes on the recognition of functions.

-indeed it's a kind of sequel although at the time I was working with 2016 which was too long given my config and that with 2013 it goes much faster but here it is crashing on the recognition of functions.

-I join the step.

If it comes from the graphics card, then why is the recognition going well with the 2016 version?

-with parasolid it's the same

-it's better to 2012 SP4 or 2013 SP0, for my part I consider 2013 SP0 equivalent to 2012, I don't have 2013 SP3.

-cobra, can you tell me more, I don't see how to run featureworks, it's grayed out?

-with interactive recognition, I have the same problem.

diiity

platine_moteur.step

@diiity

As far as possible, avoid SP0 except in exceptional cases. so 2012 SP4 will be much more table than the 2013 SP0.

I had no problem opening it and recognizing the functions. Don is trying another version of Solidworks already. and then see on another post.

1 Like

Featureworks is an add-in to enable

2 Likes

No problem opening with 2013SP5.0 (see PC).

I only have a standard version so I couldn't test the function recognition.

platine_moteur.sldprt

And how do we activate freatureworks?

What do you call the standard version,  because I only installed SW and not the other add-ons?

If not, how many SPs are there and where can I find them?

In addition I have this message that appears on the crash:

---------------------------
FeatureWorks
The SolidWorks database is missing. Not all features will be available.
OK   

diiity

See this page for SOLIDWORKS versions

Standard,Pro,Premium version

The options are different

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/products/3d-cad/packages.htm

You just have to look and you'll see that you don't do the same thing with a standard and a premium

@+

It is necessary to do Complements

Then select FeatureWorks:

Yes I saw the difference, it's sure that a standard would suit me greatly, I think it would be less heavy for the graphics card as well as for the ram, what do you think?

I found complènets and freatureworks but it doesn't change anything, still the crash and this message about the freatureworks library.

Regardless of the version, it is preferable to have a certified graphics card

but as you have a hard head do as you want ;-)

I'm passing my turn @+

no I don't have a hard head, I don't know what I want, I'd rather be airheaded

I looked for graphics cards but couldn't find them, and I need a low profile card, it's even less easy.

Otherwise as far as the message about the library is concerned, no idea?

diiity

I found this one:

http://www.priceminister.com/mfp/5137529/nvidia-quadro-k600?pid=205210369&filter=20

apparently eligible for the 2016 version, so well for the 2013?

diiity