Import a drawing into a drawing

Hello

I would like to insert a drawing in a drawing in Solidworks.... Let me explain, I did the drawing of an assembly, in this assembly, I have a small gem-set part that I dimensioned separately, but in the drawing of my assembly.

However, I have several Assembly drawings where this crimped part is present, and I would like to be able to insert this drawing in my assembly drawings.

I tried the blocks, it doesn't work; a screenshot and file in png, but too much pixelation....

Is there any other solution???

Thanks in advance

Hello;

Have you tried to create a DXF/DWG of your sub-assembly and incorporate it into your plans? 

From a graphics quality point of view, it could solve your pixelation problem.

The problem, if your ss assembly is modified, no auto update!!

So I would say that it is a temporary solution and not very professional.

On the other hand, you can create an assembly configuration with only your subassembly and create your views with this configuration.

I keep looking to find simpler and more professional ;)

1 Like

Yes, I tried with dwg, it's not bad, but as you say, I don't have a link with the original file anymore

Hello

In your place, I would copy the tab of your drawing where your view to your new mep is located.

This will directly copy your view and at the same time, keep the link to your set piece.

Yann

3 Likes

I even tried copying and pasting between the different drawings, but it doesn't work either, nor do the hypertext links

Hello

If the dxf doesn't fit you, then you can insert a view of your part in your assembly drawing.

In this case the link is maintained however you have to re-list your part.

See you.

Not bad your "Lespetitspieds" solution, I didn't think it worked to copy a sheet, but it works, so I'm going to create a "bogus" drawing of my set part, which I'll insert in my assembly drawings.....  

Super 

Thank you

Yann's solution, copy/paste the sheet, works perfectly.

;-)

Thank you, "rmMorel", that's what I've been doing since this morning, but I was a little tired of redoing the rating every time, hence the initial question.

Lespetitspieds' solution seems interesting to me

Thank you

I often use this technique to copy a keyplan in all my mep.

Glad this helps you out :-)

Yann

The good old method of the screenshot! Then insert it into your drawing^^

If copying the full sheet doesn't work, you have tried to copy all the views that are present and paste them into a new sheet from another drawing?

1 Like

Hello

Yann's solution is not bad, but we have a plan on 2 sheets.

Why not copy and paste the views directly on the same sheet, because it's possible:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Copying_and_Pasting_Views.htm

Have a good day everyone.

Hello Lucas,

I have already tried this solution, Solidworks tells me "the object of the clipboard cannot be pasted here".

Yann's solution is the best for now.

Thank you for your answers

Have a good day everyone

Hello Lucas,

Indeed I also tried this copy and paste solution, and I get the same error message! However I tried with several drawings and several different views... Yet it's clearly possible according to the help... Strange!