Inability to create a symmetry of functions in an assembly?

If you're under 2016 you can put the assembly with the parts in the post and I'll look.

Have you ever tried to repair the software???

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and there you right-click on solidworks and you modify Repair individual installation (on this computer).

Fabrice

Here's what I have in insertion.

AC COBRA, I'll see this solution too (I'm on 2015 x64) ... Thank you

sym_2.docx

Also check the version by clicking on the "?" in solidworks and About SOLIDWORKS and then look at the SP you have. If it's not SP 5 you have to update

Hello

Before repairing the installation, you can see with my tutorial if it comes from the SolidWorks configuration by resetting the settings (you can go back if necessary):

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

I'm fine in SW 2015 SP5

Hello

Why do you remove material in the assembly and not in the part?

@+

1 Like

I do my material removal in the assembly because I use the part for the def plan in the unfolded state with pre-cuts and not the complete material removal.

It is only at the welding stage that the part is cut (i.e. in the assembly). Our plans should track the progress of the product step by step.

But you're right about the domed bottom, I can do it in the room and make a configuration.

.......... continued: Today it works!! So I did it in the part (by propagating the functions of the assembly to the part) and by configuring the drilling functions so that they only appear in the assembly ...

Thank you all... I am not sure who to give the benefit of the right answer?????

I obviously had a bug.... But following the various interventions of the people of the forum I tried again this morning to make my extrusions in the room (via a propagation of the elements to the room), and it turns out that it works. I then created a configuration with these extrusions so that I didn't have them on my so-called "base" part.

Thank you all