Inability to perform sweep material removal in the extension of a propeller

Good evening
The part concerns a helical groove pulley (helical) for a winch.
The cable must fit into a hole to be locked on a clamping nut.
This drilling, which passes through the axis of the pulley at the beginning of the groove, is too restrictive for the rigidity of the cable.
I would like to finish the groove with a sketch with a quarter circle towards the axis of the drilling to obtain the image below but impossible to properly extend the helix which cannot be a 3D sketch.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you

It is possible to transform a propeller into a 3D sketch and then modify the end of your sketch according to your wishes.
For the conversion, once your propeller is made, simply create a 3d sketch and convert the propeller into a sketch. (Propeller selection and convert):
Then you modify the end of your 3d sketch to your liking.
If necessary I had made this tutorial which explains the conversion process for a coil (different subject but same principle for the 3D sketch part):
https://mycad.visiativ.com/contenu/réaliser-une-spire-pour-vis-darchimède-en-tôlerie-0

4 Likes

Hello

@sbadenis I think gave the solution.
On the other hand, the machining you want to do seems almost impossible to me (unless it is a casting part but not sure that the model is machinable).

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your answer which, in hindsight, seemed obvious.

1 Like

I did think about machining. The material is HDPE 500 or 1000 so easily machinable and I think that on a 5-axis CNC milling machine, you should be able to machine the propeller with a ball milling cutter and dive at the level of the blocking nut.

1 Like

Remember to validate an answer (best answer) to close the subject.
Sorry for the copyright @Maclane:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but I made an assumed copy and paste of your standard sentence!

1 Like