Unable to connect to EPDM - Error message

Hello

A message appeared on the post of one of my colleagues, I had it from time to time in my old inbox:

"Unable to get the files from the database. This could occur during peak database load periods, please recommend the operation later (No connection in the file vault).

Knowing that there were 2 EPDM licenses left so it doesn't come from there.

If anyone knows why this message, I'm interested.

Thank you

Antho

message_impossibilite_de_se_connecter_a_lepdm.png

Hello

Thanks to Cyril.f for the answer he sent me by message, not having been able to answer the question (bug because of my too long title ):

Hello
Well this bug on the subject you opened, I can't answer it.
So, unless I'm mistaken, it's related to a temporary overload of the network. If a heavy action is in progress, the server may not respond and as a result, on the client application side, it believes that it is unable to connect.
It is also possible that the firewall built into Windows is misconfigured and slows down the connection to the vault from time to time.
In the installation guide, check if your workstations are configured as stipulated in the paragraph "Opening ports for client/server communication".
https://files.solidworks.com/Supportfiles/PDMWorks_Ent_Installation/2018...

I'm going to look at that.

In parallel, I opened an incident this morning and here is the response from support:

Hello
This warning is displayed when the client loses connection to the server.
The mechanism is as follows:
If the network connection to the client's server is temporarily interrupted for any reason (or if the client system goes to sleep and reboots), the connected client should try to re-establish the connection in the background. If this fails, you will receive a warning saying, "Unable to get the files from the database. This could occur during peak database load periods, please recommend the operation later (No connection in the file vault.)
In most cases, the reconnection would occur in the background and the user would not see a warning, unless the server is still not reachable or all licenses are taken.
If a client is experiencing this problem, it depends a lot on the network connection and how the workstation establishes a connection to the server.
If you encounter the warning, the best method to re-establish the connection is to exit PDM via the blue icon and then go back to the local view to verify that the connection is correct. (Click the PDM icon -> Go to SolidWorks PDM -> <VAULT NAME> (There is no need to restart the endpoint).
Hoping to have answered your question, I am closing the call with our technical department and do not hesitate to reopen it if necessary.
Kind regards
Technical support.

Re

Small bug in the forum then which allows the creation of the topic but blocks the answers. If the field is too long you should throw away from the beginning :o

Well yes, maybe it's also the quotation marks friends he shouldn't have allowed it from the creation, I'm filing a report in the dedicated group.