Unable to create an unfolded drawing of a folded part

Hi all

I drew a part bent in classic volume, then I converted it into sheet metal:

By clicking on "Unfolded", I get the unfolded version of my part:

On the other hand, it is impossible to get the unfolded in the drawing by checking the "Unfolded" option:

Any idea of the reason for this problem?

I'll put the part in PJ (Solidworks 2014).

Thank you in advance for your help!

pb_tolerie.sldprt

Hello

Have you checked that the "unfolded" function is active in the "unfolded state" config?

5 Likes

Hello

Yes, you have to open the room, activate the flat paterne config and see if the unfolded function is not in a state of deletion.

may the force be with you.

4 Likes

Hello, I have opened your piece, also check that the folds from a rounding are activated, as well as their unfolding. 

Kind regards

capture.jpg
6 Likes

See these tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL52EVjwC48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghalOYesjlU

@+

2 Likes

ok I looked at your part, when you make your unfolded, in the "Convert-Volume1" function the folds remain in a state of deletions  you have to activate them.

may the force be with you.

Edit: @G are you faster than me:)

5 Likes

Hello

As Frédéric says, it happens that the folded deactivates in the unfolded function. You have to go to the flatpattern configuration then go to the unfolded then reactivity the folds.

2 Likes

Bug, I let my answer drag on and in the meantime you have all answered WELL...

5 Likes

Watch them fight for the best answer...

Aren't you tired of answering the same thing??? Hihi

Otherwise, no better than the previous ones.

5 Likes

The main thing is that @eric9.benoit has his answer, after who gave him and how quickly, his answer...

I would say that you are too old for me:p but I would not allow myself, not knowing your ages! whatever.... Laughing out loud

Edit: Well, we now know that @Ac 427 cobra is 40 years old, thanks to a post at the beginning of the year we also know what it looks like, what will we know next time??? :) Mid 2.48x1/8 Century :D

6 Likes

To answer G, I have 1.6x1/4 of a century... ^_^

4 Likes

It's the post-jams???

Well I've been enjoying life for 1.12x1/4 of a century, and very soon in 1/12.5 x (365+10) days, I'll have +1.

hehe...!

2 Likes

Hi all

I just realized that I hadn't come back to the forum. I always have weird things, but for this shot, I managed to get out of it thanks to your advice! Thank you!

Eric

1 Like