Unable to show the paths

Hello

since I switched to SW 2017, I can't change some options in the system options.

Typically I have backgrounds for drawings already prepared with the logos of my company.

so in system options=>file location=>search paths

I add the paths and I click OK.but when I come back to the same folder, no changes have been taken into account.

Has anyone ever had this kind of problem?

Thank you

Are you an administrator of your position?

Try to run SW as an administrator (right-click on the icon) before making this kind of modification.

2 Likes

Hello

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe you can load your SW settings from your earlier version. All of your settings will be configured according to the paths specified in your previous version.

Of course, you need to save these settings with your previous version before you can load them with your new version.

Edit: it seems to me that this is what I have already done before (2015->2016), so no headache to fill in all the paths and reconfigure my settings. But I still doubt...

2 Likes

In File Location, leave only the location of your files, delete the default ones.

3 Likes

For the basemaps, you have to fill in the path in "file location"/"document templates" and not "search path", it seems to me...

5 Likes

Hello. 

If you still have 2016 installed, you can save your settings and restore them to 2017.

2 Likes

Wow, that's the answer!

Of course, when you read the best answer, you immediately understand how to correct the problem!

4 Likes

Hello

Is there an answer to this closed post?

I'm on SW2017 and my concern is the same: impossible to keep the changes (add/delete) made on the list of search paths.

Thank you for your help.

Hello

Hence the interest in validating the answers that have really provided a solution to the problem posed!!

+1 to Pascal who had already pointed out that it would be complicated for those with the same problem.

CarseB, open a new discussion instead, you will have a better chance of getting answers to your question.

Kind regards

According to the hotline I had for another problem, the first thing to do is to work with an administrator account (yes, it's absurd and against all the usual computer security recommendations) and to lower (while we're at it, we might as well open the door a little more) the level of user account control (see PJ).

compte_utilisateur.jpg
1 Like

I reported the "best" response to moderation with the following message:
"We cannot consider this message as a response, but rather as the "best" response.
Message to delete and revert the question to open status."

To be continued...

1 Like