Impossible to replay SW in French

Hello

I cleaned up a few programs that I no longer used, in this case SolidWorks CAM2017.
I use SW2018Sp5.

Since then, SW is in English, I could manage, but with files, I have problems with the property name...

In Tools>Option, the "Use English ... " are unleashed. (I tried to re-check, then uncheck but nothing)

I did a 2018 SW2018Sp5 repair, but still nothing!

Impossible to do a system restore.

Any ideas?

Have you tried to reinstall solidworks instead of repairing?

no, I don't want to spend 3 hours on it...

I'll wait for other ideas, thank you

Hello

I just simulated on my Pc and I would say that there are 2 possible options to your problem.

1- It is possible that your windows for x reason have changed the default language. Under Win10 I added Italian and put it in default language, so everything launches and starts in Italian after rebooting, for the SW side you can check or check use english it won't be useful because I didn't tell SW to install the Italian pack, Basically, if he can't find a language other than English, he stays in English. if I had installed the Italian pack my SW would be in Italian. Which leads us to the 2nd point that we have to control right away.

2- Instead of running a repair (which is only used if SW doesn't start or doesn't start properly), you have to run a modifier and in the SW options check that the French is checked. (see photo)

I hope to have helped you solve or eliminate a hypothesis.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hey, guys

Well seen Fuz3d, the operation took me 3 min.

Thank you

A+

I started a repair, and checked "French"

You're welcome