Unable to install Drafsight

Hello, I'm on Windows 7, I installed Draftsight several months ago (it worked fine) but lately it didn't work anymore, I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, see in attachment the message that appears during the Install, Google translation: there is a problem with this Windows installation package. A program required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support or package provider. Uninstall -swinstactsvc.exe action, location: command C:\.....\swinstactsvc.exe:-swup DSP/I searched for this file swinstactsvc.exe Unable to find it, the Install was interrupted. 

Thank you  for your help.

Hello

Have you tried disabling your antivirus before installation?

2 Likes

Hello PhilippeB

Thank you for your interest, no effect I have not disabled the antivirus, I am doing the test and keeping you informed.

Hello

I restarted the installation having disabled the antivirus: always the same message:

There is a problem with this windows Installer package. A program requierd for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: Uninstall _swinstactsvc.exe, location: C:\ .....\ swinstactsvc.exe, command: -swup DSP .

Moreover, when I search for the famous C:\ .....\ swinstactsvc.exe,    I find nothing under the C.

Thank you for your help.

drafsight_message_instal.png

Hello

I had the same problem as you and the following link sent me to a windows-managed install/uninstall resolution that fixed the problem automatically. 

I uninstalled draftsight properly and was able to reinstall it behind it.

Here is the link: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed