Printing sheet metal parts

Hello

I am looking for the help of soliworks designer who could give me his methods of printing automatic sheet metal parts, or at least as quickly as possible.

I tried different methods. With sheetMetalManufacturing which is great for doing the dwg for the laserist. But what really annoys me is the time wasted with the layout for the pdf. I can't find a solution to not waste time, whether it's automatic, grouping on a different page room, or at least one room per page with scaling.

I've already done a few projects where I missed a part, or unfolding the part wasn't in the right way... In short, I'm still looking for a reliable and fast method so I was counting on the help of someone here.

Thanks in advance

For us, realization of the MEP by macro: Insertion of the unfolded view with automatic thickness, annotation of tapping and milling if present, insertion of sheet 2 with 3 view + iso view if folds are present in the sheet metal part.

Then, at the time of launching, we export the nomenclature of all the parts of an assembly (industrial supply, mechanical cutting, etc.), from which, thanks to macros, we always obtain a list of FI's laser parts... Thanks to this, export of each dxf (cleaned Mep without annotation, milling and basemap).

And we insert everything into our in-house ERP which recovers the FIs for order and the manufacturing lines with thickness, cutting or mecha...

2 Likes

I admit that I didn't understand everything, I've never done macro. Do you have to have solidworks premium to do it?

Are there any good tutorials on the macro?

Macros are accessible to all versions of solidworks on the other hand if you don't know the vba at all it may be cotton for a 1st.

There may also be other methods than the one I am proposing. We are the chosen solution in relation to the number of pieces made and the desired result as well as a few years of improving our method.