Impression of a detail and not a global one

Hello

I would like to print several sheets instead of one. Indeed, I would like to divert the normal use of the software, in this case on Autocad, namely to make sewing patterns. Because I think that we can create all kinds of challenges, whether industrial or more personal.

Don't take it for someone who shouldn't ask this kind of question on an industrial design forum. As long as we take measures, everything can be allowed. Thank you in advance.

Good evening, I didn't understand the question very well, you want to print several lines on a single sheet, this is quite possible.

See these two links:

AutoCAD Tutorial: Create multiple viewports in a ... : http://youtu.be/yVUzy8StJFk

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/fra/online-help/ACD/2012/FRA/pages/WSfacf1429558a55de1a7524c1004e616f8b-6402.htm

To print multiple sheets in a single operation, simply click on each sheet by holding CTRL and right-click print.

2 Likes

20 minutes of questioning the meaning of your question!^^

I think you want to print in poster mode.

You want to draw in full size and then print the result on several A4 or A3 sheets that you will bind together to form your pattern.

Is that right?

If that's right, you'd have to go through a DTP software or look at your options at the level of your printer, in some cases, you can print large format in poster mode on several A4 or A3 by reducing the margins as much as possible.

That's it =)

4 Likes

Oh if that's it, it's possible with paint in Windows.

You have to save the file under an image and then print:

Open the image you'd like to print in Paint

Select: Print -> Page Setup (Vista and 7), or File -> Page Setup (in XP) Under Scaling,

select Fit to and change the setting to something like "2 by 2 page(s)"

Click OK Print the image from Paint, and make sure to select "All Pages

2 Likes

If Bart's idea is the right one, you can do it with acrobat reader, you just have to make an intermediate pdf.

But hey, if it's a recurring need, it will be more profitable to buy a tracker.

2 Likes

Provided that the question is "how to print a single drawing on several sheets of paper", there are certainly several methods. One is to create named views in the AutoCAD drawing (print areas, in fact) and then print those views if you are only using the object space. The other is to create floating windows in paper space, each corresponding to a view. You can automate this by creating a presentation tab with a single floating window for each of your views, and then use the PUBLISH command to print all your views (sheets) on paper.

1 Like