MEP printing solid hatching in white instead of black

Hello.

On Solidworks, when I select a plain hatching mode, the area of the part concerned in section is totally black (O-ring).

I would like it to be printed identically. Problem, whether in pdf or direct printing, the inside of my ellipse is white.

I haven't found any settings in solidworks, if anyone has the answer.... Thanks in advance

sans_titre.png

Hello

By any chance, have you tried changing the layer associated with the hatching? In the image you sent, it says that the hatching is in the "-None-" layer.

Hello

I just did a test and it works perfectly, the fact that it's on a "none" layer doesn't change anything.

I thought there was a setting to check on the print window but in fact it concerns obsolete views.

Which version are you in?

I continue to look on my own.

SW 2018... whether I print directly from SW, or whether I go through a PDF creation the result is the same, the PDF obtained also contains an "empty" hatching when I ask for plain under SW. 

The other hatchings work normally

What if you take hatching of the material?

the on your image it is specified plain

I'm also in SW2018 SP2 and it works perfectly both in PDF and in sheet printing.

I'm in a "-None-" mode (no option not to print this layer so normally everything in it is printed)

I did the test on an existing hatch

I did the test on an unhatched area that I filled in (different and shorter menu)

It remains to be seen which SP 2018 you are in. SP0, SP1, or SP2

I just tried, I was modified to "uni" the material property of the components concerned. I then went into the assembly, I put hatching of the material, so it remained plain, and I printed and made the pdf, same thing, it comes out all white

SP2.....

@gt22 is precisely what it wants to be united and not classic hatching.

Otherwise he has to cheat by changing the scale of the material x8 for example or more

hachures.png

I think he understood correctly, my joints themselves were in classic "hatching of the material" at 45 degrees. I forced them into the assembly by putting "plain".

So I tried to modify the hatching of the material within the part itself, and to come back to the assembly and this time tell it "hatching of the material", but same thing: ok on SW but white when printed directly / pdf. 

No matter how much I look in the settings whether on the sldreg or the drwdot, nothing seems bad to me

At worst I have the option of the hatching scale to get something "black" when printed, but I don't understand why it works with you and with me it doesn't.

1 Like

For more information:

I just opened the joint on my own, made a plan with a cross-sectional view, the section appears black in hatching of the material (which I configured) but the same! On the piece alone in preview and printing it comes out white

Especially since you don't seem to be the only one in this case.

You still have the temporary solution by changing the scale if you can't find an explanation for it.