Black and White Printing in DraftSight

Hi all

I would like to print in black and white in DraftSight, anyone know how to do it ?

In the print window, there are the " Print Style Tables" in the " Additional Options".

You can choose " MONO.slb " or " monochrome.stb " (supplied with the software), but when previewing before printing, it is still in color !

The only solution is to go to the printer's properties, and under the " quality " tab (in general), you can choose a style option: " Black and white " (instead of grayscale or color) or " print with black ".

But it would be more convenient if it's a DraftSight setting, because you wouldn't have to change every time.

Hello

When I put monochrome, the preview is in black and white. I think there's an extra box to tick.

capture.jpg

The best thing to do is to change the printer settings and check the monochrome option.

After all, you might as well let the printer driver take care of it...

Hello

I only print in black, the white is not very legible on the sheet!! :-) (lol)

Well, I know this doesn't make the schmilblik move forward, but you have to relax a little!

Kind regards

2 Likes

Thanks Rim-b, but this box was well checked, and I still have the color preview!

Thank you Yves, but if I leave this setting for all prints, when I print a report with a gray frame (or text highlighted in gray) from our ERP, this dial appears black, the same color as the text and is therefore illegible!

In fact, it is an old question to print a color drawing in monochrome.

The easiest way is to use the monochrome configuration available by default in the print settings. Do not touch the printer itself. Then, go around all the existing colors in the drawing.

If all the drawings made are identical (use of the same colours throughout), identify each type of colour and determine the desired thickness. Often, in the "monochrome" parameters, line thicknesses are defined less than 0.18 (feather size for those who knew this era of plotters). In fact, many printers fail to "trace" below this size. If this line appears as a dotted line or gray, change to 0.25.

In conclusion, force all the colors used in black (color 7 = black on a white background or White on a black background), pass strokes as defined above and vary according to the different types. Common values:

0.2 - 0.3 - 0.5 - 0.8 - 1 - 1.2 and 1.5. Enough to draw well as in the past (Rotring and Faber Castell). After that, you'll be the king of monochrome.

Tip: Take "monochrome" and modify it and not create another type. Draftsight suffering from alzheimer's in printing, you are sure not to mess up.

In PJ a small internal company note concerning this theme for our applications. (Revision of plans from Tell)

Let's go...

draftsight_-_imprimantes_-_configuration_des_plumes.pdf
2 Likes

Thank you very much mwalti for this detailed answer!

Unfortunately, on the PC where I wanted to make the change, in the "Print Style Table Editor" window, I don't have a color list, but 2 styles:

- Normal that is not editable (grayed out)

- Style_1 that has *VARIES* as its "line color" and where the change has no effect!

A solution?

Hello

@ Lucas Prieur, what version of DraftSight do you have?

@+

1 Like

Re

Don't have what's in my image attached?

@+

impression_draftsight.jpg
1 Like

To follow Coyote's answer, changing the color of the feather to Black is not always enough to avoid graying them out, you must also pay attention to the width of the feathers. Finally, for this to work, you need a real printer (or at least a virtual PDF) to be set up or selected in Draftisght to have access to the configurations.

Here is a screenshot to explain my last message:

No matter how much I change the color, when I validate and come back to this menu, it's always *VARIES*.

I think the version of DraftSight is up to date, it's the August 2013 V1R4.

draftsight_monochrome.png

Re

Have you tried copying the Monochrome.CTB file from a workstation where it works to the one that doesn't?

@+

PS I'm enclosing mine (well the one installed as standard I never modified it)

monochrome.ctb
2 Likes

I'm pretty sure I didn't click on "Choose this answer as the best"!

Can an admin undo a better answer?

Coyote, I just replaced my different files with yours in each folder, and it has no effect!

Maybe it's my file that's causing the problem? I am attaching an example.

36500278_support_cellule.dwg

No, unfortunately it's impossible to undo a good answer... (according to the developers)

Re

Indeed, when opening your file, strangely enough, I can no longer point to my monochrome.ctb but only to monochrome.stb.

So I think your file is in a mode that does this but which one??

I dig!

@+

1 Like

This is what the aid says

The table files for color-dependent (.ctb) and named (.stb) print styles are stored in the PrintStyle folder. Each file defines a specific table.

1. Click Tools > Options (or type Options).
  2. Click Tools > Options (or type Options).
  3. Click Application Menu > Preferences (or type Options).
  4. In the Options dialog box, click System Options.
  5. Expand Print > Print the location of the file style.
  6. Define the path of the print style definition files (.ctb or .stb files). Click Browse to locate the print style files folder.
  7. Click OK.

Access

@+

impression_draftsight_2.jpg
1 Like

Thank you Coyotte, does it work with my file?

I won't have the opportunity to test it until Monday!

Small point about monochrome.stb files. When you upgrade Draftsight (update), it creates a monochrome file for each version. Remember to search for the most recent directory.

I also renamed the directory with all the configurations so that Draftsight could regenerate it, so old pans can disappear. I did say rename and not delete (to be able to go back. If when you restart Drafsight it does not regenerate the latter directory, it is simply because it was not the right one. And yes, he has a sense of humor! We have already encountered this type of funny behavior...

After seeing your drawing, it too weird. In fact, there are print styles specific to your drawing that are locked and impossible to purge. It's related to the drawing and not to your Draftsight.

Questions:

- Is this the only drawing like that?

- Is Draftsight a recovery of others?

- Is the drawing used elsewhere (and with the same problem)?

If your drawing (view) is good elsewhere, insert your drawing as a block in a working drawing. I tried and everything is back to normal (but I don't have the cartridge anymore...).

Thank you for giving me marbles...

1 Like

try your file, I think it's decafardized....

36500278_support_c.dwg
1 Like