Sketch Point Print

Hi all!

When I print a drawing in which I have added sketch points, they print in the shape of a star (or asterix).

I would like it to print in the shape of a "dot", but I couldn't find this regulation in Solidworks 2013. (something that was possible on my old version: Solidworks 2006).

If anyone sees what I'm talking about, thank you for enlightening me!!

Have a good day everyone.

Hello

For me you should be able to modify the format of your stitch with a "right click" and then select the stitch format.

After that, it's just an idea and I don't have solidworks on hand to try but I think it can work.

I hope to have helped you.

Nastien

Hello Dao,

I take the problem backwards, and thus allow me to ask you why do you add points in the form of a sketch?

Kind regards.

Well, it's to be able to quote inscriptions or logos that I integrate in the form of a transfer on a piece.

I am attaching an example.

Response to bastien.vogel :

I tried right-clicking on the sketch point, but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you.

exemple.jpg

OK

In my opinion, the easiest way is to model your engraving and logo in 3D (with a very thin thickness like 0.01mm) which will allow you to hang your rib in your drawing . More stitches create more problems.

here I hope to have helped you

Bastien

Very good remark! We thought of the same thing.

I had tested this solution at the beginning, but it doesn't suit me since I sometimes have JPG logos. But thank you anyway;)

Hi dao,

The only other stitch shape that I managed to import is in the shape of a cross like in the attached example.

To display this point in the shape of a cross, you must create a reference point in the 3D, based on features in your markup for example.

Then in the 2D, you can show the point from the feature manager or import it via the model objects.

I can attach the SW file if necessary.

@+

Mick

test.png
1 Like

Thank you all for your interest.

I found a solution that suits me well!

Since my problem was to have this big asterisk as a dot on my shot printout, I simply created a new layer that I named "CACHE" and that I disabled using the "bulb" icon. So I select my created point with the current layer (which is visible to it) and I change the layer to my "CACHE" layer. My point disappears but my rib remains. (see attached JPG)

THANK YOU all and see you soon on Lynkoa!!

solution.jpg
1 Like