Printing on solidworks

Hello

We had this problem recently.

on the JPG image, the first sketch corresponds to the version that came out of the printer

and the 2nd sketch is the one we started printing, and so the result of the printer output is the one above

As you can see the tolerances are glued to the nominal dimensions

Have you ever had this problem on your end?

We use Solidwork 2012 and I also tested on a 2013 sp2 version, but we have the same problem on the 2 versions

Do you have any ideas to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help and future advice

Steve

130306_1603_image.jpg
3 Likes

Hello

I don't really understand your question, since what is printed corresponds to what you have on the screen.

Can you elaborate?

Thank you.

Excuse me, I just grabbed.

Indeed I have the same problem see attachment.

impression_esquisse.pdf
1 Like

Is the problem only related to 1 printer or does it do the same with other printers?

Have you tried choosing to print in a PDF format from SolidWorks?

I can't reproduce at home, the ribs are not glued to the nominal and yet, I even tried to modify the height of the TIs so that the size of the TIs is smaller than the size of the nominal rib.

1 Like

Good evening

I have carried out the tests below

Print on pdf version

Printing on a Laser Printer

Printing on a plotter

and I have the same problem everywhere the tolerances this glue to the nominal dimension

where I work we have 3 identical PCs and on an SA doesn't do it, so I thought that a config had been changed, but unfortunately all the parameters are identical in solidworks

and at home I also have a solidworks station and I don't have the printing problem and I put the same configuration as at my work  ... Are that this problem leaves me perplexed and that at the moment I have not managed to solve this riddle :x

Hello

I've encountered this problem before, it seems to me that this was related to the use of a particular dimension font (maybe related to the fact that it is in italics too).

- What happens when you change the rating font in the document properties (switching to basic Arial for example?

- Do you use a font different from the dimension font for tolerances (Tools, Options, Document Properties, Dimensions, then click on the "Tolerance" button to check)

Sorry not to be more formal but I don't remember this problem exactly.

Good night.

Mickael

2 Likes

Hello

So I did the tests you proposed to me so modify the  font, but nothing changed the problem remains constant

I enclose in pdf the results of the tests

I have written down the fonts used by hand

But we can see that the tolerances are still glued

Uh, on the other hand, in the tolerance option, I just have the scale that is available in the solidwork 2012 version

So I can't change the font for tolerance, because it's the same as the rating

I tried to change the spacing, the property below the size of the dimension but nothing changed either

If you have any other idea to solve this problem I'm ready to test them

Thanks in advance

copie_changement_police_tolerance.pdf

Hello again,

I am attaching a solidworks file in 2012 format that we have, as the problem is mainly the parts and assembly in 3D.

I told myself that maybe the best thing will be for me to put it, maybe if you open it at home, you could see the problem more precisely

Hoping you also have solidwork 2012 or 2013

because I tried last night at home on the 2012 and 2013 versions, but the problem remains the same

we have a network printer (Kyocera) and the same at home I also have a network printer (HP)

I'm crossing my fingers that we can find a solution :x

base_plot_de_graissage.sldprt

At home, it works well. see the Attachment file.

In my opinion, this comes from your drawing model.

Try to open the drawing that I generated. If the problem doesn't exist, it's probably due to your drawing model.

You will then have to attach your drawing that is causing problems on the printing so that we can determine the origin of the problem and provide you with an answer.

base_plot_de_graissage.slddrw

The problem comes from the 3D

for reasons of presentation in the projects, we print the 3D sketch with the tolerated dimensions

This allows us to explain to the people concerned the reason for such tolerance and its functionality

in assembly or parts.

So for the drawing we don't have to worry, it's only when the 3D sketch.

An issue we didn't have in the previous version of solidworks

The only thing we have changed since then, are the new machines that we bought in the solidworks store, the version of solidwork 2012 (which was 2010 before), and the Win7 OS (before we were on XP)

Is it perhaps related to the network printer?

Hello

I just tested this (editing a sketch and printing on a small printer):

in 2011 version => no problem

in the 2012 version => the tolerance is well close to the rating

in 2013 version => no problem

The strange thing is that during the print preview, whatever the version, the problem is never visible.

For me it's a bug of the solidworks 2012 version that appeared in this version and was fixed in the 2013 version.

Same for me, the problem is present on SolidWorks 2012. No matter how much I changed the DPI settings and others, nothing helps.

A workaround to test: Save the 3D in eDrawing format and try to print from eDrawing :-)

Hello

Thank you for your answers, I'll take note of the bug.

It will allow me to push our company a little to update our solidworks to 2013 version

For the Edrawing version since I have a standard version, I unfortunately can't display the dimensions though.

In any case, you have confirmed to me what I feared:)

I'm going to submit another question but on another post because it doesn't concern printing and it could surely help other people;)

Thank you again for your answers:)