3D printing from a C4D creation

Hello

I would like to know what would be the easiest way (procedure to follow, file type, etc...) to 3D print volumes generated in Cinema 4D?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.

To 3D print you will necessarily go through a third party software, it is this software that will tell you which format to use and therefore what to do if you have this information. It will be easier to help you.

Bastien

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Be aware that to 3D print a file with a rapid prototyping machine, there is a standard export extension in the prototyping world . STL use for stereolithography. The principle of this format is to convert the model into several triangles of different sizes.

It seems to me that Cinema 4D offers the possibility to save files in this format, I recommend that you check the export options to manage the quality of the file.

In addition, Cinema 4D creates surfaces if you want to print a full volume you will have to fill it.

^^

Mathieu

1 Like

Hello

Most new 3D printers can read the . STL

"Filling" it is useful if you want to machine it in volume, with a digital milling machine for example.

Marc

1 Like

Indeed Marc,

However, by "filling", I meant to constitute a volume, because a surface cannot be printed because it has no thickness.

In prototyping, it is therefore mandatory to thicken the surface to be printed.

Mathieu

STL format is the most common go see

www.sculpteo.com/fr