Print a Report Card Dropdown

Hello, I am new to this site and a teacher by training. I'm a beginner in Excel, I would like help with this little program if I can call it that. On each sheet of the binder I have described the difficulties I encounter. Thank you for your help, I specify that I don't know how to do much as possible to get out of this situation, thank you.

bulletin_de_notes.xlsx

Hello

I'm not sure it's the right forum for questions of this type on Excel (maybe a member can still tell you about it), here we're mostly talking about tools related to CAD. I advise you to go here instead: https://forum.excel-pratique.com/.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

A little effort to introduce yourself by filling out the profile would be appreciated.

The simplest special beginner is to test the value of each cell if the condition is
false then 0 if it's true then 1 say otherwise if it's "abs" then 0 if it's not "abs" then 1.

So in the final addition you add 1s and zeros.

= SI(D12="abs"; 0; 1)+    you put it on the clipboard with Ctrl C

Then you put in a single box the sum of all the cells and this will give you the true total for your average

Example

= (SI(D12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(E12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(F12="abs"; 0; 1))

Here I did it on three cells but by copying D12 above and putting the right letter of the column as in the example, then  at the end you have your average without error.

On the other hand, you should lock your sheet with a password on the cells that make the averages so that you never have an error due to a modification of this cell.

copy this row in its entirety without forgetting any parenthesis in all the rows of your P12 column and you will have the right result.

=O12/((SI(D12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(E12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(F12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(G12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(H12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(I12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(J12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(K12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(L12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(M12="abs"; 0; 1))+(SI(N12="abs"; 0; 1)))

There are two other methods, one  of which is more sophisticated, but as you say, rather beginner, I offer you this formula or you just get away with a paste coupe.

Kind regards

If this answers your request, please close the topic by indicating the correct answer.

3 Likes

Thank you Zozo I tried the formula as said cut and pasted in P12 which totally modifies the average which /10 the formula gives me an average of 17.60 for student 2.

For the other two methods I am taker. Thank you so much

1 Like

Hello

The Zozo_mp formula does not take into account the coefficients of each subject, to take them into account you can do as follows:

- Add a line 11 including the coefficients as in the image below.

- Copy the following formula into each box in column P from row 12:

=10*$O 12/((SI($D 12="abs"; 0;$D$11))+(SI($E 12="abs"; 0;$E$11))+(SI($F 12="abs"; 0;$F$11))+(SI($G 12="abs"; 0;$G$11))+(SI($H 12="abs"; 0;$H$11))+(SI($I 12="abs"; 0;$I$11))+(SI($J 12="abs"; 0;$J$11))+(SI($K 12="abs"; 0;$K$11))+(SI($L 12="abs"; 0;$L$11))+(SI($M 12="abs"; 0;$M$11))+(SI($N 12="abs"; 0;$N$11)))

To your question "Here I have a drop-down list in cell B11  how to print all at once with the print button that I added all my report cards by clicking on this button.", you will have to go through a macro that allows for each value of this list in box B11 to refresh the sheet and then start it in print.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello @d.roger :-)

I did the average as the applicant had written. :-) :-)

But you're right in your proposal because otherwise a bad (or very good) grade in a minor subject raises the overall average, which is not logical.

You should always remember that mediums are like bikinis: what it shows is suggestive, but what it hides is essential. ;-)

2 Likes

I want to thank the people who helped me solve this problem.

1 Like