Tilted these cutouts

Hello everyone,

Here I have a sketch on a front view of a sheet metal.

To make a single hole a "material removal" and it automatically takes the vertical as the direction

But if you want to make a hole inclined by 20 degrees, how do you do it?

Sorry for the quality of the drawing, I laughed myself when I made it brief, top view, on the left vertical hole in relation to the sketch and on the right inclined hole.

sans_titre.jpg

Hello

If you do an inclined material removal, it would no longer be "normal" docn not possible with standard 3-axis machines. (Need a 4th axis to rotate the head of the tool.)

On the other hand, you can always trace the direction of the drilling in a separate sketch on another plane, or with a 3D sketch.

Make your hole with the sketch as the direction.

I hope I have been clear.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Be careful, don't forget to uncheck the box "normal removal of material"

Here is a concrete example in pj.

percage.png
1 Like

You have to create a plane (Functions- Reference Geometry - Plan) with the desired angle.

Then do the Drilling Wizard on this inclined plane (See jpg)

0.jpg
2 Likes

Hello

There must be an axis, an edge, a plane (insertion> reference geometry) in the direction you want, and choose it as the direction in the material removal function:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Extrude_PropertyManager.htm

2 Likes

You also have the possibility to remove material with a section in revolution around an axis that you draw inclined in relation to your sheet metal.

S.B

1 Like

Hello

Simply select the direction of the extrusion (either an exixtant edge or a sketch entity)

A+

capture4.jpg
1 Like

The problem with Material Removal by choosing an edge or a sketch or an inclined axis is that the hole is not round but elliptical (can be seen if the angle is marked, see the jpg attached)

This is why the only solution to make a round hole is to do it from an inclined plane, not by playing with the inclination of the Material Removal.

0.jpg
3 Likes

yes it's true I think it's better too Thank you very much