3D subscript in 2D plane property

Hello

Is it possible to create a custom property linked to the 3D file?

I have my 3D part index and I would like to create a custom property in my drawing linked to my 3D file.

Hello
Want to display this property in the title block?

Check out this tutorial: https://mycad.visiativ.com/contenu/02-propriétés-des-mise-en-plan

2 Likes

Hello

A bit HS but I'm surprised that you are not trained a bit in the use of CAD tools. File properties and their application on 2D are a bit of the basics of SW

@Cyril.f ... Unfortunately, many companies are " self-taught ". So if no one is interested in the subject beforehand, it is not in place in the company :slight_smile:

In addition, for the time being, it is not at all essential to use Sldw well ... And it's even a bit restrictive. Other software handles it much better (Creo, if you hear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:me)

Uh, for my part, this point was addressed in my studies, even if at the time I passed my diplomas on the board. So of course it doesn't prevent the use of SW but these are the basics of the 3D/2D link

I have my clue in the cartridge but I want it to be put in the custom properties to be able to make a rule with mycadtools

Hello

I understand the request better, so to my knowledge not possible natively.
At least, we can link the property but it is not " resolved " in the value evaluated in the properties.
Basically, in the text field of the 2D property, you can put something like $PRPSHEET:"xxx" but it's still this value displayed in the result, even if in the 2D you display the right value by putting a note of type $PRP: "xxx".
I don't use MyCADTools so there may be functions that correspond to the need.
Otherwise there are still macros.

Otherwise, a topic opened some time ago by a great ( :innocent:) person on more or less the same subject

You have to pick and choose it for your case

Minor Clue and Notes in MEP - 2D Plan / Drawing - myCAD Forum (visiativ.com)

1 Like

Hello;

By using Smartproperties it is possible:
With the " Referenced Document Ownership" function. 

=> Be careful however when handling updates to this property...

You can also use the " Integration " tool:
=> Adds a property of the part/assembly to the plan

Note:
The management of indices directly on the 3D is a challenge without PDM... I think it's easier to manage them in the drawings (Personal opinion.)

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Maybe it can still work...