Insert 3D model into photo

Hi all!

I would like to know a trick to insert my 3D design in a photo (jpeg or other).

I don't want to make something beautiful but just effective allowing a better technical understanding.

For more explanation, I created under SW2016 (standard) a sub-assembly to install on a conveyor. I have a photo of where the designed system will have to be.

For my client, I would like to give him an overview of what it will be like. Like putting the photo in the background and then under SW (or other if not possible) manipulating the design to orient it according to the perspective of the photo...  

Hoping to be clear enough, 

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

By inserting a sketch image into your design, this should perhaps be suitable.

2 Likes

There are two solutions available to you:

- You can import an image in the scene to replace the environment

- You can also render in .png having previously put "none" in the environment of your scene. You will get a rendering with a transparent background that will include the projected images that you can place on your photo of the site.

5 Likes

The last time I did something like this, I made a screen print of my 3d, I pasted it in an excel file, I took my photo, I pasted it in the same excel file and I superimposed everything.

Fred

1 Like

Insert your photo directly as a sketch image

and it's up to you to adjust the dimensions of this image and place it as it should be

which will be in the background of your room

@+

1 Like

Hello

I tinker; I create a shot behind the assembly and I create a mega giant piece and apply an area material to it so that there is no extra weight in the assembly and then I apply my photo on my air wall. There you will normally get what you want... I hope I was able to help you...

1 Like

No hacking for me, replacing the scene image is the Solidworks option.

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DVE_SCENE_EDITOR_BASIC.htm

2 Likes

See this tutorial at the 32nd minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcyH9jOIfw0

you will have understood everything super simple and fast

@+

3 Likes

PhilippeB is right, it works great... I didn't know and I never really looked. It had to go fast this time...

1 Like

AC COBRA, is that what Remi Sayag said from the beginning:)

1 Like

Great, thanks for your help! Two solutions that I have not mastered so far:p

But.... (it wouldn't be funny otherwise!) Both your solutions require the same parameter: the photo must not present a perspective or a minimum :( 

By modifying the scene, I can add a perspective effect to the assembly/part but I don't have control over the adjustment of it (unless I'm mistaken?)

I'm demanding! 

Thank you again.

well once put your image in the sketch 

It's up to you to create a plan that will best match the angle of view of your perspective

and put your coin in it

but now you have x adjustment to make

1 Like

If you want to have an effect, you can create an arched background behind your piece so that it goes around it, and then you can apply the image to it.

Hello

The perspective of the 3D is adjustable in the camera settings at the same point where you changed the scene to have the photo in the background.

@+

2 Likes

OK! So I started with the modification of the scene (thank you remi.sayagPhilippeB)

Then a small modification of the perspective via the camera management (thanks Coyotte)

After I tested, it seems to work even if I didn't finalize my project due to lack of time...

Thanks to you also for your other tips!