Insert a dxf into a sketch

Hello

I would like to extrude the DXF on the part.

I thought it was possible to open a dxf in a sketch, but it doesn't work.

I also wanted to create a plan // to the plan of the part to insert the dxf but I can't center it on the part.

What would be the solution without having to draw directly in the sketch, which is quite complicated to do?

diiity

selecteur.zip

Hello.

I rephrase for clarity.

I would like to extrude the DXF on the part.

I thought it was possible to open a dxf in a sketch, but it doesn't work.

I also wanted to create a plan // to the plan of the part to insert the dxf but I can't center it on the part.

What would be the solution without having to draw directly in the sketch, which is quite complicated to do?

The capture "assembly" is what I would like to get but in one piece because it's for a 3D print.

I tried to save it as it is but it makes me 2 stl.

diiity

selecteur.zip

Hello

if you have the DXF, open it and then do a CTRL-C after you open your part or you want to do the extrusion and you create a sketch and there you do a CTRL-V. Then you select what you have pasted in the sketch and then in the constraints you select fixed and then you can move it as you want without it deforming.... (select the entire sketch and right-click and move)

If you already have your 2 pieces you can use the join function... With 2 rooms you make one... You edit the piece you want to keep then you click on join and select the piece to bring back and that's it...

joindre.jpg
2 Likes

I don't have the "fixed" command in the contraite functions

Here's how "FIXED"

fixe.jpg
1 Like

Here's how to improvise a DXF/DWG into a sketch.

import_dxf_dans_esquisse.docx

Hello

I think the easiest way is to open the DXF file in SolidWorks (either by inserting it into the sketch you want, or in a new file, then copying, pasting) and then using the move function:

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Moving_or_Copying_Sketch_Entities.htm

This allows you to move all the selected features at once.

Or you create a block to be able to move it more easily (and then you explode the block if you want): 

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Making_Blocks.htm

1 Like

Oh yes, this command, I was thinking of a function.

Well thank you both.

diiity

1 Like

So we come back to what I said in the previous posts...

Thank you so it's solved.

Here's another trick that comes from another forum and that works.

I quote:

" if you have managed to make the assembly as on your capture and you like it and suit you
so you save this assembly in parts (part)
and records a copy in STL and that's it"

diiity

1 Like

And the join function, you have at least tested it??? Because with this one , your part at least keeps the links with the assembly and the other part in case of modification...

I put you -1 because you solved your problem but not in relation to your question which was; how to insert a DXF into a sketch.

Hello

Ah, I thought that the main thing was what was in the message because the question must have been badly formulated and sometimes difficult to formulate.

Otherwise what fiat -1?

diiity

It doesn't do anything at all, it's just an indication that we don't agree with the result in relation to the question. Because you wanted to know how to insert a DXF into a sketch but it doesn't change anything for you...

Ok.

Thanks again, I'll be more careful next time.

diiity

1 Like