Is it possible to insert a part into a part plan but not in an assembly?

Hello

I've been fiddling with Inventor for 1 month, and I'm wondering if I'm doing it the right way

When I draw a part, in a part plane (plane 1), I would like to be able to import another part plane (plane 2) a little like a block, temporarily,

For example, my part 1 is a rectangular plate, and I would like to drill a rectangular hole in it to place a servo motor that I would call part 2

This would allow me to place the servo precisely where I want it, draw a new sketch around it on my turntable, extrude this new sketch like a hole, and then remove the servo part plane from my platinum part plane.

Currently, I go through an assembly plan, where I play with the constraints to position my servo (motor) :-), I then make a presentation plan to be able to dimension the location, and then go back to the plate plane to make the hole according to the dimensions noted, this is so tedious and long, I think there must be a simpler method

Thank you very much for your help

Have a nice day

Olive tree

You have, I imagine, an assembly in which the turntable and its motor are featured. You can edit the platinum part in the assembly, create the holes in it, and then edit the part on its own to cut the links.

There are several methods:

- in an assembly,

1-modified the imported part by projecting the edges of the model part, the part then becomes "adaptive", but there is always the possibility to break the link

2-create a new part directly in it, construction same as method 1

3-modify or create the new part without projecting the edges, the part is not adateable

- in a room

1- Create by plotting the dimensions one by one

2-Import the base part (derivative) create the new part in it, the link of the base part can then be removed

3-import a sketch .dwg the base part, there is no link

there are other methods, the list is probably still long  but already with this ....