Insert a Part into a Single Assembly Configuration

Hello

I would have liked to know if there is a technique to insert a part only in the active assembly configuration (and not in the other configurations of the assembly).

For the moment I go to the properties of the component after the insertion but I find it a bit tedious...

Thanks in advance!

The question is not very clear.

There are 2 ways to manage a component in terms of configuration in an assembly:
- either you play with the properties of the assembly configs (new components / functions removed by default or not);
- or you right-click on the component/configure the component. This opens a table that will allow you to set the deletion state and possibly the configuration of the component itself.

1 Like

Indeed, I think I need to set up my configurations so that the new components are removed by default. According to my tests, if the "default" configuration is set like this, the new configurations created keep this setting so it's good.

It's just a bit annoying if I have a lot of existing configurations (you have to go to each config to change this setting).

My question was, therefore, to know if it was possible to specify when inserting the component in which configuration(s) it should be present.

Hello

I  use  the Delete new components option in the configuration properties

it keeps the config setting active

Kind regards

@s.Descamps: That's the second part of my answer. You put the component down, constrain it, and then right-click/configure the component.
You can select multiple components at once.

OK, thank you for your answers!