Inserting Components in SolidWorks

Hi all!

A little practical question. Does it have a way, under solidworks, to insert components in an assembly without those if, sometimes, being inserted Kilometers from the targeted place. I can, for some parts, add constraint references, but this is not always possible.

Thank you!

You insert your parts into the assembly:

1.  via a drag/drop from a window containing a "part" to an "asm"?
  2. From the assembly you do Insert a component?

Are your parts designed from the original or "snatch" and far from the X,Y,Z origin?

1 Like

It doesn't matter how. Whether it's by dragging them from the component tree or from the insert component function. When clicking in the view, sometimes they fit close to the other components and sometimes they don't. The pieces are designed from the ground up.

it's up to you when you insert a component to control it with your mouse

and to put him where you want as close as possible and to constrain him

@+ ;-)

To complete, when you insert a component, if you click in the graphics window, it is placed where the mouse is. On the other hand, if we validate the component insertion function directly, the origin of the component is placed on the origin of the assembly.
2 Likes
Special case? Large assembly size? Normally it goes pretty well If by sliding the part you place it on the origin of the assembly (in the shaft for example) it will be suspended at this origin
4 Likes

Hello

For my part, I drag the components where I want with the mouse, it works pretty well.

Regards

2 Likes

I don't remember if I dreamed or not, but some time ago a person had pointed out that there was a function that allowed you to "bring all the parts together in an assembly".

Does anyone remember it?

@Mathieu ANGER: it's AssemblyXpert and it works when the origin of a component is very very far away, that is to say basically when when you do "Zoom at best" you can't see anything... It works very well but like any tool it has its limits.

2 Likes

Thank you benoit.lf, I didn't remember it.

Maybe this could ^ help you??

Hello

For my part, when I insert a part into an "existing" assembly, instead of double clicking on the part to be inserted, I click on the validation icon (the little green V) which is located at the top of the window.

In this way, the part will fit at the point of origin of the assembly.

Unfortunate, this means that the play is constrained by default to this point.

So to remove these constraints, I deploy the tree, and I right-click, release.

In general, once my part is ready to be installed, I click in the Feature manager tab and press the enter key, this sets the original part to the original (for the first one it's on but, sometimes for the parts/assemblies that follow, solidworks insists on placing coaxial constraints or tangents)

otherwise if it can help:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/WhatsNew/wn2013_Inserting_Multiple_Components_at_the_Origin.htm