Inserting wireframes into a layer in the drafting fabric (CATIA)

Hello

I'd like to insert a wireframe assembly into a layer in the Rafting Workshop.

1) How can I insert all the wireframes of a catproduct into a layer? For the moment, only the 3D geometry seems to be imported.

2) How can I insert the catproduct into my layer in the exact position where it is displayed in my catproduct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hello

1) once the view is created, right-click on the view in the graph of the CATDrawing / property, all you have to do is select the options in the window.

2) What type of view is it?

For the front view before validating it by clicking in the graphics window, you have to use the gizmo with the arrows, rotation or flip. (at the top right of the graphics window.

For an axo view, you have to use the icon and then point first to the CATProduct in the graph, then to a face on the 3D model.

If it is a position and a specific display mode, for example (exploded, or seen without certain parts) you have to use a scene.

2 Likes

Thank you Franck for your answer.

For 1), OK

For 2), I don't think it's the front view I want.

I'd just like to draw exactly what I see on the screen in my catproduct.

I'm trying to do this because in the Drafting workshop, I can then save the draft created in .cgm or .svg. This allows me to recover wireframe elements as vector elements that I can reprocess in vector image software like visio or illustrator.

With the axo view, I can indeed rotate my assembly but it is then difficult to get exactly the view of the assembly in the layer which is exactly the image of my assembly in my catproduct.

Do you have a method so that I can recover the image of my assembly of my catproduct but in a layer in the drafting workshop?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 ) For axo views it is the Isometric View icon.

What is visible in the assembly is or can be visible in the view.

I don't understand I site you

With the axo view, I can indeed rotate my assembly but it is then difficult to get exactly the view of the assembly in the layer which is exactly the image of my assembly in my catproduct.

The orientation of the 3D and the display of the elements at the time of the creation of the view is exactly the same in the resulting 2D view .

Catia is a Design software, no DTP, we are talking about 2D views, no images, the properties of the view can be modified to obtain a Bitmap image * depending on the options we can display textures, etc

* This is not a vector image.

What exactly do you want to see in the view?

1 Like

Indeed, it is the Isometric View icon that allows me to obtain a 2D view presenting the display of the elements of the 3D with the same orientation.

Otherwise, still on this subject of import or visualization in a drawing, is it possible to display the assembly constraints in the drawing? By doing properties at the layer level, I don't see the checkbox.

No, the graphical representation of assembly constraints cannot be displayed (it is not geometry).

The value of constraints (angles, distances) can be linked to a text box.

If you want to visualize graphically, you use FTA (3D dimension).