Inserting a Subassembly

Hello 

I made an assembly of a hydraulic cylinder with all the constraints including the one relating to the piston stroke. By the way, I have another assembly (a machine) I inserted components, and I inserted the cylinder, the problem is that the piston no longer moves. 

Someone to help me please?

Thank you

1 Like

Good evening

you have to make the assembly of your actuator flexible to do this, you have to do a mouse right on the name of the assembly in the FeatureManager authoring tree and select Component Properties and the  Component Properties dialog box appears and select flexible. The icon will take the shape to indicate that the subassembly is flexible.

5 Likes

You have to right-click on the rigid assembly, go to Component Properties and check Flexible instead of Rigid. The icon of this assembly becomes as manu says, and the pieces can move.

4 Likes

thank you guys it works. 

See you

Another possibility: make configurations (in the cylinder assembly and in all the upper assembly levels).

Personally I use the default config in flexible and I create the max mini config and the intermediate positions.

3 Likes

Hello, @Stefbeno I agree with you, moreover, putting a subassembly in flexible has often caused the instability of Solidworks on my pc. As a result, mistrust, mistrust and automatic saving!! (that's a ;) advice)  

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

It is true that a subset in the flexible state makes Solidworks unstable, it is recommended not to register an assembly with one (or more) of its flexible references.

Personally, we only use the flexible state if the need to see the degrees of freedom is momentary (between 2 recordings), otherwise, I recommend "breaking down" the assembly of our cylinders