Inserting a screw into a workpiece

Hello

As the points have decreased, we will have to fill up on questions in order to try to make up for the loss!!

Let's go!

So I want to insert a screw, which is in the toolbox, in a room, so far no worries, I can also position it easily too but the only problem is that it doesn't give me the possibility to choose the size and length of it and as luck would have it I never have the right one it gives me!!

Thank you

sans_titre.png
1 Like

I asked the question here:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/insertion-piece-piece-configurations

"In the inserted part (screw in your example), you have to "list the external references" to have access to the configurations."

Hello

You have to register your screw in the config you are interested in and as soon as you insert it arrives at the right size!!

The race for points is on!! A +

2 Likes

Sorry Lucas I hadn't looked, but it doesn't show the possibility of modifying the screw in "List external references"

sans_titre.png

I don't use the toolbox, but I have the choice of configurations in this menu!

rex_ext.png

Hi @ Mathieu

take a good look at this tutorial you should find what you are looking for it it is specifically made for that

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-toolbox-et-smart-fasteners

@+ ;((

1 Like

It looks like a bug, it seems like it's not possible to change a posteriori!

Maybe by reinserting the part and being sure that the correct configuration is enabled in the original file...

GT22, you have a 56min video is interesting but only concerns the assembly, I am in a room.

and yes Lucas P I also think of a bug!!

1 Like

@Mathieu All that remains is to save the screw in a given format without any other configuration with a special ref so as not to mix with the library and insert it. 

When there is a bug faud take another path, no arms, no chocolate.

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone

I managed otherwise, how does the part go after in an assembly I reinserted the screws after, it just has to be that in my drawing of the part that I don't forget to put an annotation that I have to weld a screw at this place.

SEPM. Gerald: SW 2013/14, I didn't make your solution because I need to make sets with different screws and I don't want to have thirty-six thousand screws when there is the toolbox, but I name you the best answer because as I said the stitches will be rare and as you have the least, If it can help for my part I won't be able to get his famous 18,000 points for the 60 bottles, but hey we'll put it into perspective.

Thanks again to everyone and see you next one for new adventures!   ;-)