Insert Drawing in Word

Hello community.

I have to write a bunch of procedures for my company (writing on the good old word)

However, when I want to insert a drawing via the insert /object/ command from file, word returns an error message that the application is busy, and it loops no matter what the response is.

Anyone have a lead???

Thank you in advance

Happydad

sans_titre.png

Hello

You can optionally make screenshots to insert in word.

1 Like

What type of file do you insert in Word? jpg, bmp,tiff...

Hi @happydad

1° Save your plan in image

3 Methods to Insert Images

There are 3 ways to insert images in Word. Here they are:

Adopt DTP logic

With Insert/Image/Library, choose the image that suits you and validate. The image will then appear on your page. With the handles around it, change the dimensions. With the mouse, you can move it around like in a real Desktop Publishing (DTP) software. To allow you to change the position and wrap of this image more finely, click on it and turn on Format / Image.

Adopt the framework logic

In the Insert/Image/From File window, choose an image file. If you turn off Ungroup Text, the image will fit into the paragraph where the mouse cursor was located. Set the leading of this paragraph to Simple, otherwise the image may be truncated. The image is then inscribed in the linearity of the text. The position of the paragraph (centered, right-aligned, or left-aligned) defines the position of the image. If no dressing is necessary, prefer this method. To move an image from a frame into a paragraph, deactivate the Unlink from Text option in the Format / Image / Position dialog box.

Adopt the Clipboard logic

If in another software you have copied an image and if in Word you enable Edit/Paste, the image contained in the clipboard will be inserted into the current paragraph. Change the characteristics of the image with Format / Object... (pasted images are objects).

hoping to have answered the question

@+ ;-)

5 Likes

Hello

To put a drawing in word, I print the plan with pdfcreator, but not in pdf, in jpg image.

All that remains is to insert the image into word.

That's how I get the best quality in a simple way.

S.B

4 Likes

I also print in PDF, then I take a screenshot of my PDF: that's how you get the best image quality!

A+

1 Like

I insert the SLDDRW directly. It worked perfectly for 4 shots but in the 5th minute it was a disaster....

With this method I had almost no loss of quality, it came out perfectly when printed.

In Word, which option did you choose? (see image)

screenshot331.jpg

None of them.

I did insert => object => from the file.

See attached screenshot.

sans_titre.png

Are you sure you did the same for the first 4? I just did a test of a puck plan and I have the same error message as you!

Are these 5 drawings very different? Size of 3D, SW version,... ?

Yes I followed the same procedure for all of them, they are all from the same version, the file causing me problems is a file that I inserted a few days ago successfully and today I deleted it to reinsert it in another place and there is nothing...

Which version of SW and Word?

@flegendre had an OLE problem a few days ago: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/logo-dans-cartouche-suite-export-dwg?page=1

Can you do a test run on a colleague's job?

I just tested on a colleague's workstation => same error message

Same with one of the 4 other drawings on your colleague's workstation?

Hi all

Nothing is missing or almost nothing in gt22's explanations, nevertheless, I would like to add a few questions that may be silly, but necessary especially if the task is long and time is limited.

1° Does the plan have to be to scale in order to be able to survey the dimensions or ...?

2° Being imported into a Word document, should it remain in connection with the D.A.O. or not?

3° Export a MEP (Drawing) from Word to a Word doc or Import  from SW to a Word doc?

4° How should the transmission and sending of computer data (Word data only) or

Word + SW )?

5° Wouldn't 3DVIA Composer be the right tool for this task?

If the decision is not to break the link between the MEP of the Word document and the SW layout (as 3DVIA Composer does)  then I will start by closing the MEP in SW and then integrate Word into the doc with insert /object/ from the file (to be studied carefully). Or alternatively, to check, an import of an MEP from SW to Word.

For that, my experience tells me  that it's not winning. For example, a spreadsheet is present in a Word document, this document is opened by Word is on the screen. if the link ( OLE ) is not broken then the spreadsheet opens by double-clicking on it and the Excel features appear. Magic! You can then modify the spreadsheet and its graphs at will. Once done, clicking in the Word text to close Excel is going back to Word. Impressive!! Well, so far nothing to say. Now, we sometimes struggle to show more cells for example, in which case we have to adopt another strategy (create a sheet in Word rather than import an existing sheet into Word [It's starting to look like a hack]). Let's move on to printing. The graphic that appears in large letters on the screen is very small on the printed sheet. What for? Mystery? Conclusion> Print screen > Paint > Word (pay attention to the quality of the image, to the printing and especially to the size of the file). Well now Paint in Word doesn't work too badly. All that remains is the dressing of a shape (drawing, frame, line) in Word, and there, the strategy is "Aligned with the text"! for the 'non-experts' and nothing else otherwise it's to tear your hair out when modifying the text!

Kind regards

MC

1 Like

same message

@gt22,

I don't really see the DTP logic.

In my word, with image insertion, I am immediately in the exploration to choose the file and my image in paragraph logic.

After that, I do Image Tool / Format / Behind the Text (icon with the dog).

A handy tip, especially for photo documents:

The size of the document increases quickly when you have a lot of photos, which are often too large for the usefulness on the document.

Just select a photo and go to Format Image.

And go to the icon (on the left) Compress images.

It compresses all photos and removes cropping areas.

http://www.mediaforma.com/word-2013-compresser-les-images-dun-document/

S.B

My own track is...

Inserting an object from another application into Word will create a document that is very cumbersome to manage

The easiest way is to insert an image of the map that has been saved with the Print Capture option.

image quality can be adjusted with the DPI option (dots per inch)

above 300 the image is good enough to display it in a presentation

The final document will remain easy to use and independent of SW documents

3 Likes

@jfaradon.

Contrary to what I thought, inserting objects directly in word leaves a light file (my file was stagnating at 1MB)

1 Like

yes but when opening the file it has to open everything to follow the updates...

That's where I want to say it's heavy.

But indeed I thought that the file was going to "swell more than that"

2 Likes