Instalation solidWorks 2013

Hi all

I have a problem with the installation of SolidWorks, I don't have access to the "individual installation" only the administrative image is possible.

the aid says that SW should not already be installed but this is not the case.

if anyone has an idea...

thank you in advance

Are you a Solidworks employee on a new position?

Do you have the right file? In my opinion, you have uploaded an administrative image?

Where did your installation file come from?

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me that the only time I was confronted with this problem was when the installation was not compatible with the computer, for example: when the installation is for a 64-bit system and the computer in question was a 32-bit.

Is it possible to run the installation on another computer that is not (32-bit/64-bit) to check?

2 Likes

For your information, SolidWorks 2015 does not exist in a 32Bits version.

As the infamous .PL, if you install a version 64 from an OS 32 or vice versa, you will only have the "Administrative Image" option

2 Likes

It's not the 2015, but the 2013, so logically, no worries.

You must have clicked on the wrong box.

Keep us informed! ;)

1 Like

Bad DVD, you have to take the other one or download the right version 32/64 that you check in the control panel system icon

1 Like

Exact Bart, bad reading on my part, I don't know why I saw a 5 somewhere... However, the OS version problem remains valid.

32 Bits source on 64 Bits OS => Administrative installation only, same in the other direction...

I have to admit that installing SolidWorks 32 on 64 is a bit absurd, even if it can work, hence the blockage...

Does it happen;)

However, it seems to me that the 2013 version 32 and 64 can be downloaded for free on the Solidworks portal.

2 Likes

Good evening

Thank you for your answers, my pb is on version 32, version 64 doesn't even start which is logical since I'm on Windows 7 32 bits.

I currently have SW 2010 which works perfectly.

Hello

Is it possible to test the installation on another workstation?

Otherwise, you have to download the files again from the SolidWorks website, or run the installation from the DVD, then do the updates.