SW2014 Installation Failed... What solutions?

Hello

In 2014, we bought 2 SW pro licenses from you.

As I just changed my PC, I am currently installing SW2014 SP2.0 on it, and here are my problems

1. At launch and after checking the key, the installer asks me to go directly to SW2015 SP4 in order to correct a stability bug to I validate
  2. I give the license server address to our license is no longer valid, when we should be able to do the update. For your information, I have a colleague with SW 2015 SP2 and who also cannot switch to SP4 while another colleague did the update before the expiration date of the " t0+1year " maintenance.
  3. I cancel the install and I restart it  to – at least – stay in 2014 at I am informed that SW cannot be installed on a windows vista, while I am in W7 on a recent machine (less than 1 month)

It seems that, since the update date has passed, you can no longer install these updates... even though the maintenance is included with the original software.

What are the solutions

• for SW to take my PC for what it is, i.e. a PC with win7 ?
  • to install SW2015 SP4 on my PC and those of my colleagues ?

Thank you

<°)))<<

Hello

I put the file to switch to SP5 (since SP0, I think it will work) here:

https://mega.nz/#!A08DkSoD

Edit: complement:

Sorry I hadn't tested the link, the key is:

!7MNXfU1lbXGlHZ9hyeCHHTMjEljhnpEpG2OAmg-6T8k

I downloaded it directly from the SolidWorks site, so no worries, I've been on this forum for 2 years, it's not a virus ;-)

But it doesn't cost anything to do a virus scan before running it, like every time you download something from the internet! With a right-click it takes 2 min.

1 Like

Good evening and thank you PL.

In the event that I have the decryption key to download the file ;-), do I have the rights to use this update ?

a+

.<°)))<<

I'm making progress in debugging the problem!

Our maintenance stopped at the SW2015 SP2.1 version (+ or - in February), so it is logical that the 2015 SP4 does not install, and it's a  shame that the program offers me an SP4 that can't be launched with our current contracts...

Remains my pb of Vista while I'm under W7... I contacted the technical support, I'm waiting for the result.

Kind regards

<°)))<<

You can install an update out of maintenance if you don't need to download, but there will be a message from solidworks that says not the right but does not prevent it.

I have the same problem with my sw 2014 SP4, not having a complete disc I can't reinstall it on the other hand my dvd SP3 no problems

Hello Gérald,

Indeed, I just got the info in // via the support

We do have  the rights to install the SPxx of the current year's version, but since the maintenance contract fell in April, I can no longer download these latest updates via the SW site

A bit of a schizo situation... And it forces you to look for versions on the web, with no guarantee of authenticity.

For my pb vista, the PC had placed itself in "Vista compatibility" mode, why? Impossible to say!

In short, pbs respolus

Thank you for your answers

a+

<°)))<<

1 Like

Sorry I hadn't tested the link, the key is:

!7MNXfU1lbXGlHZ9hyeCHHTMjEljhnpEpG2OAmg-6T8k

I downloaded it directly from the SolidWorks site, so no worries, I've been on this forum for 2 years, it's not a virus ;-)

But it doesn't cost anything to do a virus scan before running it, like every time you download something from the internet! With a right-click it takes 2 min.

@PL, is it a simple fix, which does not require downloading?

Because that's the big problem when you have more maintenance, you can't even reinstall your own version if you haven't made an image....

@Gerald : here's the exact manipulation I did:

1. 1. I went to the www.solidworks.com website
  2. 2. I logged in
  3. 3. I chose the 2014 version
  4. 4. I clicked on SolidWorks SP5 for Windows 7/8 64-bit
  5. 5. I have accepted the contract
  6. 6. I chose at the bottom: If the Installation Manager Assisted Manual downloads fail, you can individually download, unzip, and install all the files
  7. 7. I said I'm starting from SolidWorks SP0
  8. 8. And here I only chose the first file of the list as an attachment, so maybe it can be a problem for all the installed add-ins indeed...

solidworks_download.jpg