Install Autocad Lt 2009 under Seven?

Hello

Has anyone installed Autocad LT 2009 under Seven without any stability problems.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

What are the problems?

I had no problems with my job but I think it was 2010 and not 2009.

I would advise you to install Draftsight since many

of people is switching to this software for 2D.

Well, I'm saying that, I'm not saying anything.

See this link 

http://www.autodesk.fr/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=458335&id=16896237&linkID=16886429

Is your AutoCAD 2009 32 or 64 bit?

@+

1 Like

Draftsight is certainly not bad but when you are used to Autocad, it doesn't get any better.

Changing for personal constraints, why not, changing to do like the others...

To come back to the post, look at your Framework to see if it is up to date and try to describe your technical problem.

A+

2 Likes

Hello

It seems that it is not very compatible...

I quote: Operating System: Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Professional, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows XP Home SP2

Thomas

1 Like

I installed Drafsight, even if it is quite powerful it is not Autocad yet, and the rest of my colleagues work under Autocad but not with Seven stations.

A priori it is in 32 bits (to check but how??), then to describe my problem it's complicated, it crashes on some tasks like note editing, but I'll try to work a little with it to tell you exactly.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Another link that I believe to read confirms that an installation is possible

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Francais/Autocad-et-windows-7-compatible/td-p/2556811

@+ ;-)

Hello

To integrate 32 or 64b, go to Control Panel - System (see image)

Kind regards

panneau_config.jpg

According to my readings on the subject, the AutoCAD 2009 log is in 32 and 64 bits versions

so for seven installl the 64 bit version

Read my previous posts

@+

Hello

If you have a 32-bit version and you don't want to/can't change to a 64-bit, the troubleshooting solution I propose below may be of interest to you:

In our company, when we switched to Seven 64 bits, I set up an XP virtual machine to be able to continue using AutoCAD 2004:

For internal reasons (many macros developed specifically and the switch to SolidWorks) we had stuck with this version (32 bits of course).

The virtual machine is quite stable, the main problem is that when opening a file (dwg, dxf, etc.) in Windows 7, it will open the file with the software that is installed in W7 if there is one, or failing that, will not open it: it is impossible to open a file from W7 in AutoCAD in the virtual machine.

So for example if you have a file received by email, you have to save it somewhere, then go to AutoCAD and open it.

And the implementation is not so easy either!

Good luck, and if you choose this solution, don't hesitate to ask the questions here!

2 Likes

Hello

AutoCAD LT 2009 works wonderfully on Windows 7

2 Likes

Hello

I have had the opportunity to install Autocad LT 2009 several times on Windows 7 without any particular problems.

Did you install service pack 2 and then 3 ?

A+

Hello

yes I installed it a long time ago, it worked very well now I'm in 2013

Good luck and good use

Hello

Following all your positive comments I tried again to use Autocad under seven and as many say it works.

The stability is there, I can promise you that a few months ago it was not the case.

What happened between ?? It doesn't matter, the important thing is that it works.

Thank you.

@+