Install SW2016 Internal ERROR: LauchConditions

Good evening everyone,

I have SW 2019 and 2021 installed on my PC.

Tomorrow I'm starting with a new client who is under SW2016.

Unfortunately I can't install SW2016 it marks me internal error: LauchConditions

I respected the Visiativ procedure for the installation.

Do I need to uninstall SW2019 and 2021 to be able to install 2016?

Or have another reason?

Thank you for your feedback, I'm in trouble :/

Hello

You should check with your seller but it seems to me that it is no longer possible to download versions lower than 2017.

Also pay attention to the compatibility of the windows version with the 2016 (https://files.solidworks.com/Supportfiles/Release_Notes/2016/French/relnotes.htm)

To your question [Do I need to uninstall SW2019 and 2021 to be able to install 2016?] The answer is no, don't uninstall them. On the other hand, follow the installation advice of our colleague @stefbeno so that the different versions don't step on each other's toes.

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

I have the possibility to download the old versions, I can go back to 2011.

Thanks for the link, but I can't find any reason why the installation wouldn't work!

I'm going to ask my dealer, even if I'm not under maintenance I'm afraid I won't have an answer...

There may be issues with the versions of Visual C++ that come with SW (especially the 2021 version)

1 Like

Hello

If my post can be used by someone else.

Then it is not possible to have more than 2 versions installed at the same time, it is not recommended.

In addition, during an older installation, you have to uninstall all versions to reinstall them from the oldest to the most recent.

In order to avoid Visual C++ driver issues. Thank you Stefbeno for the advice.

Last point, older versions have trouble working on very recent PCs. I have a Lenovo Workstation with a RTX3000 and SW 2016 is clearly not usable.

I'll let you close:)