Integrate data from a room family into MEP

Hello again this time I would like to know if it is possible to recover data and in particular text from a family of parts to integrate it into a drawing. Let me explain, I have a 3D designed tank that I can modify at the customer's request thanks to a family of parts, which also serves as a customization interface and some of the data contained in this family of parts, in particular the finishes of the product sold (color, varnishing, etc.) must be put on the drawing that is the responsibility of the customer. It would therefore be necessary that when the excel folder is modified, the update should also be done on the mep. I managed to do it with numbers but not with text

Hello

Attached is a sketch of a tutorial I wanted to make for the challenge. But that's exactly your question :slight_smile:

Configure a text sketch by pièces.docx family (3.0 MB)

And so, all you have to do is remind you of the property linked in your MEP

1 Like

@coin37coin
That's exactly what I needed, thanks to the detail that my family of parts is managed by an excel file and that you have to use " links " for the values to be recognized by SW and I don't know how to write it

For more precision, I can choose the material of my pieces via the drop-down list (see appendix 1)
Annexe 1

and I would like this choice to be reflected in the painting present in my drawing (see appendix 2)
Annexe 2
Knowing that for the dimensions they are entered in the excel linked to global variables which are themselves linked to properties that I retrieve in my MEP

Hello.

You can link your Excel table of parts family on your MEP:
https://help.solidworks.com/2022/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Design_Tables_in_Drawings.htm?verRedirect=1

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

As said in the previous topic I can't use the part family itself, I have to use links between these files so that the text present in my excel file can be used in the MEP but I didn't manage to make the text travel in the same way as I did for the numbers