Embed automatic custom properties in a drawing table

Hi all

I am asking for your help because I am coming up against a problem that is surely simple to solve.

I want to make furniture that is rather automated, and after many tries I use the welded construction function which responds correctly to what I want to do.

Where I get stuck is to easily extract the properties of length, width, thickness, materials and mass, in the drawing.

I can call the Welded Parts List table or  a bill of materials, but not all of the above data appears automatically.

How do I edit or create a table template?

In addition, it is possible that in the properties of the parts, the properties Width, Materials, Mass and Thickness are created automatically and not manually on each part.

Open to all good and best ideas!

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

Could you put a screen printout of your BOM? 

Good evening

To know the properties of parts in welded construction.

1. Right-click on the mechanically welded track --> Property

2.  Length property

Insert welded workpiece table

Select Custom Properties

For the material it is possible to put one material per body or on the complete set

To put on bodies

Right-click on body

Attached is a  drawing

mecanosoude.slddrw
4 Likes

The part file

mechanosoude.sldprt

and the table of contents

table_mecanosoudees.sldwldtbt

Are you looking for?

Good night

Yannick

Here's a screen print of the drawing and the properties I use 

sw1.png

Thank you yannick.petit for these elements, so far it's ok.

Is it possible to create a custom properties list of welded parts so that you don't have to manually and independently add them for each welded part to each model?

And then call a related table in the drawing?

Thank you

I'll send you the files, it may be simpler 

furniture.slddrw

I get to a few of the times, but I can easily improve and repeat. 

meuble_modele.sldprt

and the table

furniture.sldwldtbt

@j.lemoine, do you use the ISO base files for your welded construction? 

Often the files are parameterized in order to meet the specific needs of the company.

Hello

I have solidwokrs 2017, I can't open your files.

You can add metadata to the profile model. The solidworks ones can be found in your installation folder. For my case:

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\lang\english\weldment profiles\iso.

If you are customizing solidworks profiles, I advise you to create a folder outside of the installation folder to overwrite the modified files.

If attaches the plan file with the addition of metadata in the profile model file

CDLT

mecanosoudure.zip

Hello g.beavers

No, I use files that I created myself, the thickness of the desired panel, I modify the dimensions afterwards.

I could look in more detail at the parameters of welded construction profiles

Yannick.petit, too bad for the files, I'm in 2019

What do you call metadata? 
thank you for the files I'll look at it in detail tomorrow

The profiles I created are in a different folder than the base ones and the sw installation folder

I was talking about the properties embedded in the  file.

File --> Properties

In my profile model file , I added the designation  in French. Property  name DESIGNATION_FR

Any properties specified in the model can be extracted in the welded part BOM. 

1 Like

Great, thanks for the files,

If I understand, do you have to fill in properties in the profile file, then call them in the part file and get them back in the drawing?

Is it possible to automatically recover the material defined in the profile from the parts?

I continue to look for and optimize this option

In my first post I have indicated how to fill in the material  profile by profile.

If you want it to be automatic, you have to create a material variable per profile.

Like what

square profile 20x20x2  Aluminium

Square profile 20x20x2 Stainless steel ......

Yannick

Yes, we fill in the properties in the profile file and we retrieve the properties in the drawing

Hello 

Have you solved your problem following our feedback?

Cdlt

Yannick