Interference

Hello

I frequently use the "Interference Detection" feature to check my assemblies. Very useful tool! On the other hand I often find erroneous results because it detects interference between two coincident parts (while it's intentional), interference with the screws (when it's intentional). Is there a parameter to modify to no longer have this type of result?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Fred

Hello 

For coincidence, look at option >treat a coincidence as interference.

For the screws (with "IsFastner" property) look in the option >create a screw folder.

(option is the one on the interference detection tab) 

4 Likes

Hello;

There is a "Excluded components" checkbox: this parameter allows you to disregard components with their IsFastener property (Custom or Configuration Property) equal to "1"
Very useful for library elements that are usually excluded (such as bolts).

-> Solidworks Help: Interference Detection

Otherwise, it is always possible to exclude certain components manually via the checkbox in the detection tool.

Note: The IsFastener value is also used for the "Exclude Fasteners" option in Drawings sections.

Kind regards.

6 Likes

SPAM ALERT do not click on the post written with English    words Profile not filled, etc...

Thank you, Zozo_mp, the offending post has been reported to the moderators and .... has been deleted.

2 Likes

[HS On]

Hello @Maclane 

It was an interference ;-)   hihihi      Paf! Spam is a mess!

{HS /OFF]

2 Likes

Hello

My logic would be more to have "don't treat a coincidence as an interference" because when I put a coincidence in my assembly, it's my will while an interference is generally not voluntary.

Fred