Solidworks Virtual Intersections

Hello

I use a virtual intersection in recall mode in Solidworks; However, my rappelling line is not positioned correctly.

Better than all the speeches in the world, you have a screenshot.

Thanks in advance

intersection_absente.jpg

Weird that, the other options work fine?

The line type has not changed, let me explain if you have changed the line type by putting a discountinu line type with a large spacing it can maybe do that or another option has been changed?

Apparently it's the dimensions of my 3d that are responsible for it.

With a part of more than 100mmno problem, on the other hand less than 10mm problem

Isn't there an option to reduce the spacing between the view and the witness line by chance?

1 Like

Hi @ rducrue

Did you proceed this way see this page 

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/solidworks-les-intersections-virtuelles

in System  Options _ Dimension Edit Increments

that it is your increments of length _ metric unit

I know that SW is not very fond of micro ratings via communications that I have had with jewelers

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Good evening

In my opinion, the representation seems correct to me because the space seems constant with respect to the end of the edge. Depending on the angle, the start of the rappel line may look different, but the space looks good in your image.

Kind regards

I confirm, I have the same problem at home...

Hello

There are a lot of SPRs (bug reports) at SolidWorks on virtual intersections:

There are problems:

- when a rotation is applied to a view

- when the view is interrupted

- when the dimension is small, and the answer is:

This happens because the virtual sharp has to obey the document setting for an extension line gap which is by default set to 1mm. Therefore, the sharp cannot be closer to its attachment points than 1mm, and hence only a small part of it can be displayed. So in such a case, it gives the appearance of the wrong direction).

Reduce the setting for the extension line gap (Document Properties > Dimensions > Extension Lines, Gap) to, say 0.1 or 0.01mm, to see the effect of it.

2 Likes

and yes @ Lucas

This is what I have seen via coms with jewelers here or on other Solidworks FOFOs

as said earlier on the wire

in System  Options _ Dimension Edit Increments

that it is your increments of length _ metric unit

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thank you for all your answers, unfortunately despite an increment to 0.1mm I remain in the same problem.

Thank you in any case for your answers.