Inventor: Custom Part

Hello

On Inventor 2012, I would like to create a custom part without going through the library:

I would like to use the overall views, to increase the size of my room without it affecting my part file.

Any idea?

Hello

When you talk about "via the overall views", are you talking about the views of the drawing of the room?

I do not quite understand what you want to do

3 Likes

In a set, using representations>Position, I would like to change the length of a stem.

exemple.jpg

For me it's not possible, this feature is used to control a constraint in an assembly, or the visibility of a part but not a property, for that you would have to create configurations

Inventor Help: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2012/FRA/?guid=GUID-C728DFAC-1B45-4879-A004-45A8DC991954

For an example of use : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHwm9pqRT-A

1 Like

Because if I understand correctly, you want to change the length of a part but without it affecting the part file, so you want to modify the length dimension of this part?

1 Like

I suggest you mail us your piece for more understanding or to make us screenshots

Isn't there a SolidWorks-like equation system in Inventor? Because with a system like this you can change the value of a dimension without any problem and it doesn't affect the part file.

Yes absolutely, but for me as soon as you change the value of a coin price, you modify the coin or I didn't understand the request....

2 Likes

Indeed, you can change the dimension with an equation but you will have to resave the file.

In my head, the only way I can see is to create configs

This is an adaptive part function that I want to create for a study.

I can do this but by creating pieces that I only display according to demand. Since there is only one dimension that changes, I wondered if there was a simpler solution.

Thank you all

So a simple solution that I propose to you:

In your part file (.ipt) go to settings (fx): 

Then "add a numeric value":

You've just created a user setting.

Now you have to configure it, here I put "length"

Then right-click on the equation box, and click on "make multi-values":

Here you can enter several values :

Finally, you have to link this custom property to a parameter of the model by writing the exact name of the user parameter in the equation box of the parameter to be controlled :

It's okay, everything is connected!

2 Likes