Reversing the direction of a propeller

Hello

I want to reverse the direction of a propeller by keeping my function which uses it in several room configurations, is it possible?

I created a pinion with a helical tooth (propeller rotation hour for example) managed by equations and I want to change the direction of the propeller according to the configurations.

Kind regards

With a mirror function, it can't work?

EDIT: ha sorry, I had misread, with this method, you will lose your relationships in your different configurations...

Yes, a mirror can work if every time there is a modification you rebuild, logically the symmetry will do its job right?

1 Like

Well, it might undo the relationship between its propeller and its different configurations of parts, right? If you make a mirror, you may have to reconstrain your propeller in each configuration.

After that, I don't know if it's acceptable for you, depending on the number of configs you have.

1 Like

@ Joss

if with the mirror or symmetry function it can work

but he has to register in part with a new name (not right or not left)

and that everything is re-dimensioned when the mirror is made

Then you have to delete the basic piece which has its own name

otherwise as soon as you modify or want to modify the basic part

all the other pieces go to cocoa

@+ ;-))

1 Like

That's it, basically, Gt22 summed up the bottom of my thoughts:p

2 Likes

Ok thank you all

I asked my Solidworks hotline for help to find out if we can recover the direction of rotation in equation.

If not possible, I'm going to go for a right or left propeller parameter that will allow me to choose the function accordingly.

Kind regards